Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought the gang would like to know my Sport Classic with Termis won best sounding Ducati at La Ducati Day this past weekend! :) All the bikes sounded great, I was just lucky enough to win.

The final three (999R, F1, & me) >>>

Kris in front of Alice's with our bikes >>>

Me & Kris >>>

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Congrats.

Did you get a video or sound clip of the event so that we can all agree that you have the best sounding Ducati?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ah, Alice's! it reminds me of this:

(congrats, btw)

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats.

Did you get a video or sound clip of the event so that we can all agree that you have the best sounding Ducati?
Thanks!

No, to the best of my knowledge there is no audio. I think the F1 sounded the best, but the judges said it was unanimous that I won. There were some great sounding Motards (one with Zards that sounds great) and Monsters (one with Sparks that also sounded great). I was just happy to make it to the final three.

First prize is $750 credit towards Leo Vince exhaust; which is good for Kristin's monster! :)

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
First prize is $750 credit towards Leo Vince exhaust
That's funny. You have just been voted as having the best sounding exhaust, so they give you money to upgrade it :confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congratulations Ian!
Me and Ricardo (livedd0) were the other two Sport Classics in the competition.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Way to go Ian. It was awesome meeting you, and glad to see that a SC won the contest. That 999R was right on your tail, but hey, YOU won!

All in all, great to always see fellow Ducati comrades despite issues getting to the show (2 riders collided) which caused major traffic for hours.

I really think this event should be bumped back, to Aug. or Sept. solely on the weather conditions.

Anyway...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations Ian!
Me and Ricardo (livedd0) were the other two Sport Classics in the competition.
Thanks! I met Recardo - great guy. I couldn't believe they picked my bike......it sounds good, but I thought there were others that were just as good or better. I guess I'm just used to hearing my bike, so everyone else sounded better/different to me. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...2 riders collided....
We heard about that - someone said we must have just missed it because they left Alice's right after we did and saw/past it. That's crazy - do you know if the riders are okay?

·
Registered
665 Posts
There's a huge thread on this mishap over at: bayarearidersforum

However, be forewarned on finding / reading this topic because most topics tend to become an orgy of opinions (classic forum behaviour) from time to time, so you could find yourself scrolling though alot of ego-flexing / "no im right, ur wrong(s)" / and other malt liquor based comments before you finally come across the news, if in fact these guys are ok.

In short, I bel. they guys are ok, but might remain posted up in the hosp. I'm not sure. . .

·
Registered
665 Posts
BTW:

Ian: You tell me if the judge wearing the red Ducati hat at the event, WASN'T the actor who played Abel Sunday in There Will Be Blood

Just an offbeat weird thingy . . . :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh man, I was there earlier. I ended up leaving at around 13:00. Would have liked to meet up with folks. I got bored standing around and rode a bunch instead :)

There were a few SC's when I was there; the one I remember most was a very nicely modded yellow S1K. Ricardo, sorry to have missed you, man. Couldn't find that red S of yours anywhere!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts