Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the bracket without the damper a few months ago off eBay but it didn't come with the spacer that goes between the damper and the damper bracket. If anyone could help with the dimensions of the cylindrical spacer it would be much appreciated. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1338915766.231980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a Kuan bracket too. If you are talking about the spacer that goes into the 'eye' of the damper and then mounts to the bracket then I got mine from Kyle Racing.

I bought an Ohlins SD121 damper and 2 of the spacers off Dan Kyle. If you contact him I'm sure he can advise you of what you need.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bumping to avoid starting new thread. Got my hands on a kuan bracket and was just wondering if this ever came with installation manual. Maybe someone has a digital version of the mount going into the steering head? Maybe I can figure something out myself but always nice with some instructions :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
858 Posts
Bumping to avoid starting new thread. Got my hands on a kuan bracket and was just wondering if this ever came with installation manual. Maybe someone has a digital version of the mount going into the steering head? Maybe I can figure something out myself but always nice with some instructions :)

Thanks in advance
Its been a long time but I don't recall any instructions. Pretty straight forward. the picture above is only missing the expander & bolt that fits the arm to the bottom of the steering head. The arm (back piece in pic)in the picture is the correct way up, with the notch to the front (you'll see where the notch fits on the bottom of the steering head). The arm points back and thats where the middle of damper mounts with the spacer between the arm & damper. The other mount goes onto the the frame (either side,mine is the right so I can adjust damper with left hand) and should point down & out so end of the damper attaches to the bottom of the mount (top of mount is closes in the pic).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmm I see. Thanks.

It's pretty odd though. My kit has an extra bolt to stabilize the bracket connected to lower tripple, which means I'll have to make a hole in my triple to make it fit. This can't be original, or is it? Did the Kuan bracket require any modifications?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Nope ,the two raised sections fit into the webbing on the bottom to stabilize it. Should be no need for the extra hole, sound like a mod the previous owner did.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I see now my bracket has had the triple fitting removed. Kind of sucks. Maybe it's possible to replicate the shape and add this extra part to the bracket.

Thanks for all help :).

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm not sure what the diamter of the hole is but you'll find a very similar expansion piece when you buy bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure what the diamter of the hole is but you'll find a very similar expansion piece when you buy bar end mirrors.
It's not that hole I'm talking about. The edges stabilizing to the triple were removed, but it's fixed now, looking similar to original but with an external piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts