Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the KTM owners on the forum were do you buy KTM
parts online from? I just picked up my 1st KTM looking for a site like
Ducati of Omaha were I buy my Ducati Parts from but for KTM parts.

·
Administrator
12,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV has been pretty good

t_bare

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First and most important, what KTM model did you get?

I buy mine from a few sources:
For OEM and some other goodies I like AOMC: AOMC.mx
Some really good other stuff like sprockets, chains, tools and even tires I get at RockyMountain: ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts, Motocross Gear, Motorcycle parts and Motorcycle Tires | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
2018 triple Black 1290 Super Duke R , AMOC is one of the sites I found that I like another
was KTM Twins they don't have a great feedback though. I have purchased from Rocky
Mountain several times tools and tires zero issues. Looks like I will try AMOC looking for
a few OEM pats and some power parts Seat etc.

I have been trying to talk myself into getting a 1290 SD since 2015 with the new Version
3.0 out any day now there are big discounts on the left overs. I have never been a fan of
the style but like what it will do. The new one to me is the worst style wise and the 2.0
is the one I like the best also its the only Triple Black Version Black Plastics Black Frame
and Black Wheels. A 2018 with 723 miles on it turned up on CL just had its first service
has the performance and track Pack stock other than the extra 700-1000 worth of extra
software and still has 9 months worth of warranty. Buyer accepted a price that I was good
with his story was that his girlfriend is pregnant so the bike must go while talking to him
at the purchase he also said he felt he was 2" too short for the bike and it was too much
bike for him. Other than Dealing with SF Bay area traffic it was a pleasant exchange the
bike is basically new and he took the hit on Dealer prep freight etc and then some just needs
to be cleaned up a little then start the never ending modding I picked it up Sat. nite and have
not had the time to go for a real ride yet. I will try to get out on it this afternoon and get rid of
the 2 to 2.5" chicken strips on the rear tire let the fun begin. As the saying goes pics or it
didn't happen The Beast got hungry so we stopped for a Double Double on the way home.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,116 Posts
I think you will love that bike. I have a friend with one and it is a blast to ride.
The comment about the pregnant girlfriend made me this of this:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I gave it up for 25 years while our Kids were at home but from the looks
of the Rear he was a new rider or afraid of it. I just got back from an hour ride
it's scrubbed in now:) But much like the Hyper 1100 the front tire did not get
as much use.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ktmworld.com

I ventured into KTM for a year, as soon as the V4SF lands i'm out. Dynamically good bikes, mechanically, I've had too many issues. But that's another thread.
Question for the KTM owners on the forum were do you buy KTM
parts online from? I just picked up my 1st KTM looking for a site like
Ducati of Omaha were I buy my Ducati Parts from but for KTM parts.

·
Bon Vivant
10,575 Posts
Ktmworld.com

I ventured into KTM for a year, as soon as the V4SF lands i'm out. Dynamically good bikes, mechanically, I've had too many issues. But that's another thread.
I'm with you, great bikes when they work and some of them even look good but way too many issues to justify owning one.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm with you, great bikes when they work and some of them even look good but way too many issues to justify owning one.
Well l hope I don't have any issue's with it people say the same for Ducat's. The 1290
Super Duke just fits me so well ergo's are great for a Tall Long leg Rider. I can say
so far that the Parts are less than Ducat parts but they ship at the same slow speed.
I was all set to get a Thruxton but picture a Gorilla sitting on watermelon so it was a no go.
Even the salesman tried to steer me towards a speed twin my legs were to long for the
tank cut outs which forced my knees out on the thruxton.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts