Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been away from Hypermotards for a while and now looking at getting back into them with a new 950? My biggest question at the moment for you all is with luggage.

I am not talking about panniers or top boxes, but whether there is realistically enough room on the pillion seat to mount a Kriega US20 or US30?

Have others managed this without the bag digging into your arse whilst riding? I would prefer not to ride with a heavy rucksack when nipping off for a long weekend so any feedback/photos ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I use a Kriega 5.0 on my hyper 950. It works well but I bypassed the typical installation and went with cable ties to secure the bag to the seat. The typical install made it difficult to get the seat mounted IMHO.

The bag does not intrude upon my space while riding.

A US20 or US30 would work but you may have some trouble swinging your leg over that tall of an obstacle!

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Pard
Can you show some photos of how you used the zip-ties to attach the Kriega US-5 to your seat. I picked one up from CycleGear and there were no straps in the package. All I got was a bag and the instruction sheet. I went back and they gave me a US-10 fitting kit, but it is not the same as the US-5. While I wait for the correct parts, I’m curious to see your install. I have to assume that you always leave it attached to the bike, correct? You can’t park the bike somewhere and take it with you? I guess you could but would’ve you have to cut your zip-ties?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
Pard
Can you show some photos of how you used the zip-ties to attach the Kriega US-5 to your seat. I picked one up from CycleGear and there were no straps in the package. All I got was a bag and the instruction sheet. I went back and they gave me a US-10 fitting kit, but it is not the same as the US-5. While I wait for the correct parts, I’m curious to see your install. I have to assume that you always leave it attached to the bike, correct? You can’t park the bike somewhere and take it with you? I guess you could but would’ve you have to cut your zip-ties?

Thanks!

I will try to get some pics up in the next few days.

I use zip ties under the seat for a permanent install. Never really considered removing the bag. The standard straps that should be in the box could work, but they are bit bulkier.

Watch this video for a how to:

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Thanks. It looks like your Zip-ties are directly to the seat and not the subframe. Am I seeing that correctly?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks. It looks like your Zip-ties are directly to the seat and not the subframe. Am I seeing that correctly?

Correct. The zip ties go under the seat and connect to the sides loops on the bag. Nothing attached to the subframe. When I remove the seat, the bag come along for the ride.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I set mine up the same way.

·
Registered
421 Posts

I used figure eight tie down extender loops under the seat, and was able to hook directly to those. Quick and easy, and the bag can come with me if needed without taking the seat/cutting zip ties. Still working on the system to perfect it.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Nice. Next time you take the seat off can you snap a pic of your figure-8 configuration. Krieg sent me the loops that were missing abs I’m interested in seeing if I can get them to work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just got a Kriega 30 for my 950. Fits perfect. Was worried that my hepco rack wouldn't be here in time, but doesn't need it. Plenty of room on the pillion seat and the little plastic bit at the end. Even better is the Kriega 5L I already had mounts right on to the 30L.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts