Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took GP1152's advice and bought myself a Kriega US30. The quality of this thing is really impressive! I'm sure there are better ways to mount it to the SF, but here's what I did:

Strapped my solar charger onto the top.

Kriega included loop straps, which I ran under the passenger seat.

Hooked the bag on and synched it down.

The US30 is big enough for my small tripod, a 17" monitor, a snowmobile suit, and it looks like even more room!

I added a bungee cord and another strap to the passenger pegs just to keep it tight.

It seems like a lot of people here use the Streetfighter for traveling, so I figured I'd share my setup. Also, the tank bag is a Wolfman. I heard about that from Gus as well! :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I try not to wear a backpack to keep the weight off my shoulders (as the wind blowing my helmet around is enough pain in the neck already). The Kriega and the tank bag should hold enough stuff for little trips, and I can always add more bags onto it.

The solar panel is just to charge little devices like my phone and gopros. It works surprisingly well!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your setting seems great !
Look good enough for short trip .

Do you think you will get any rub on the painting if use regularly ? (Tank).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think you will get any rub on the painting if use regularly ? (Tank).
Thanks.. nah not too much. I haven't seen any yet, and I leave it on all the time. The underside has soft squishy material. Plus it's pretty easy to just unbuckle and tilt up to refuel, and cuts down on the wind!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just bought a Kriega US-10 for my tailpack for short weekend type trips. It fits well on the rear seat and looks good on the bike. I went with the US-10 because I was concerned that a bigger tailpack would be too much weight for the rear seat to keep secured to the bike. Did you hook your pack to more than just the rear seat?

·
Administrator
13,241 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I was a little concerned about that as well, so I strapped it down to the passenger pegs, and eventually to the license plate holder as well. Works great!

·
Administrator
13,241 Posts
I have been looking at the small one. Looks like a great bag.

Here is a not so great photo of the Motofizz on her bike. I will take a better one on the way to WCM.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,241 Posts
Yes, that is the small one (with a Camelback on top). The small one holds a lot of gear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use a Kriega backpack a lot. No neck pain at all and the most comfortable backpack I have ever used. Would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I use a Kriega backpack a lot. No neck pain at all and the most comfortable backpack I have ever used. Would recommend it to anyone.
Which one? I'm looking at the R25.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I second that, I have the R20 backback, they're very trick and made specifically for riding.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I try not to wear a backpack to keep the weight off my shoulders (as the wind blowing my helmet around is enough pain in the neck already). The Kriega and the tank bag should hold enough stuff for little trips, and I can always add more bags onto it.

The solar panel is just to charge little devices like my phone and gopros. It works surprisingly well!
The right back pack releases in fact the forces on your neck/helmet. Because of the wind will flow much smoother round your helmet because there's no vacuum behind your helmet. Try it with a good back pack, like axio.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts