Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from Afghanistan and put on my new Motech BMW GS650 Rack on my the back of my Streetfighter. I uncovered the back seat and bolted it down(my wife doesn't like riding on the back anyway). It was fairly easy and I love the results! Let me know what you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dem pictures are really small. Can you make them bigger?

Thanks for serving BTW!
Click on the link, then on the image:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...ga-bags-bmw-gs650-rack-ducati-kreiga-rack.jpg

The image should magnify once you click on it.

To the OP. Great post. I've got a lot of Kriega items, except for this set-up that you've shown above. Kriega makes very top-notch stuff. Very solid, and from what I remember, guarantee's their stuff for the life of the item? I could be wrong on that, but the US Distributor did a very good job warranty'ing one of my bags. IMHO, their backpacks are the best in the business.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice work.

That's a big-ass bag on there! (or would that be a big ass-bag?):D

·
Registered
106 Posts
How did you get mounting holes to match up with the bike??

Great work though however you did it. Looks like it came from Ducati.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Worked out good.

What sizes are the bags there? I tried a 30l pack on mine the other day. Was scared to go any bigger but that lot look ok.

Have you been out with it fully loaded yet? Man it must wheely 4th:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback guys... The Kreiga bags are one US20 and Three US10s. In the pictures the bags are filled with towels, I just had to see how it would look and how to put the whole system togather. So far I really like it, but the test will come from when I ride it to work in 6 months. As for the mounting, I just centered it on the back seat and drill the three holes that it needed to secure the rack. I went out with the system strapped down and blasted it down the highway and it was rock solid. I love the bag's design, the waterproofing will come in handy here in Hawaii.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks great! Just curious why do you need the rack? I also use Kreiga bags, but I just use the straps directly under the seat.

BTW, I rode over 100 mph with them on and they didn't budge. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason for me putting the RACK on was that I could put on a Pelican Case on the back for my camera gear or Camping Gear...ect. Additionally the rack elevates the gear a little, so the straps and such don't rub. And with the addition of the Quick Loops, it makes putting on the bags super easy with no straps dangling..just a little cleaner look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts