Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this new problem that intermittently rears its ugly head.my temp readings on my gt are all over the place,hi lo and every thing inbetween ,this happens any time ,hi speed or lo ,hot or cold,does anyone know where temp is read at so i could check a connection,i did notice condensation in the gauge could this be the cause,its running fine so i think its a stupid problem and dont want to loose it at the dealer ,any ideas?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Had the same problem. It was a bad connection at the temp. sensor. Dealer fixed if for me under warranty. You can probably just check the connections yourself and make sure that the connection is good and tight.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I got this new problem that intermittently rears its ugly head.my temp readings on my gt are all over the place,hi lo and every thing inbetween ,this happens any time ,hi speed or lo ,hot or cold,does anyone know where temp is read at so i could check a connection,i did notice condensation in the gauge could this be the cause,its running fine so i think its a stupid problem and dont want to loose it at the dealer ,any ideas?
I'm pretty mechanically ignorant, but since it's the oil temp that's being read, I'd try and trace everything from the crankcase to the guage (I know - easier said than done:rolleyes:) for a connection problem.

Regarding the condensation in the guage, mechanically challenged as I am I don't think that can be good. I'd get it checked even if you do resolve the temp problem if the bike's under warranty.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I would get condensation in the gauges. Usually only on really hot sunny days. The more the sun would burn down on the gauges, the cloudier it would get. I was using an air compressor to blow the water out of the gauges after washing. Maybe I was forcing a small amount of moisture into the gauges. I stopped using the air compressor and it all went away.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Since no one else answered this...I believe the sensor that feeds the temp gauge is the one located in the intake side valve cover of the horizontal cylinder. I think it connects with a sort of sliding spring clamp, so check that first, then remove it and check the connectors themselves. I'm betting that is where the problem is.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't know about anyone else's bike but on my gt the temp sensor is located directly below the oil check window - i know cause mines fallen loose before and lost temp reading...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts