Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That looks like the ROBO COPS gloves ..Are they Warm , it's getting cool up here...

Ducatis gloves are $300 up here ....You get what you pay for ...Thats on my short list a really good pair of protecting gloves....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Do they increase your grip strength? Kidding! I like them, I hope they're available here by next spring and don't cost like NASA made them for lunar exploration.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I do not know, they look funky. The main question to me would be how functional they are? KNOX folks are known for making protection, so they could be pretty good. Unlike something purely style oriented like ICON.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have any more information on them.

Unfortunately, almost all of the gloves on the market suck, no matter how much you pay for them. I have Helimot H20's and are, in my opinion, the best gloves made.

But, I am interested in this new technology.

Creating a glove with limited axis of motion, protection for the wrist (in head on collisions), super-tough thread and seams and plenty of TPro-type impact absorption can't be that hard, can it?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I'll buy some and add some sharp points on the ends. Titanium sharp points...then I can look like Wolverine before he had the adamantium treatment. The bind looks like my snowboard boot bind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a glove whore. I must have atleast 10 different pairs. I only wear two or three because they fit well. I'd give these a try.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have an idea on price?
Great question.

I'm curious as to how the exo-skeleton is suppose to function and what injury it is suppose to prevent.

I wonder how good the stitching is?

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I do not know, they look funky. The main question to me would be how functional they are? KNOX folks are known for making protection, so they could be pretty good. Unlike something purely style oriented like ICON.
That's a pretty false statement. I went down at 80mph on a nasty highside with Icon gear on and it literally saved my ass. Gloves, helmet, jacket and boots. Try again.

·
Registered
290 Posts
remember the Nintendo glove? Im just sayin...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have some ICON gear that more fashion then protection. I also have an ICON MOTO leather that the leather quality is better then my $700 Dainese jacket, and the stitching and craftsmenship overall is very high.

So I agree you can't paint ICON as all fashion no function, they have some good gear.

That's a pretty false statement. I went down at 80mph on a nasty highside with Icon gear on and it literally saved my ass. Gloves, helmet, jacket and boots. Try again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts