Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been endless discussions about wheels for our bikes. Who here has successfully ordered a set of Kineo wheels recently? I know JC has had issues with them and I know Revival Cycles in Austin is a dealer for them, but would love to hear success or horror stories. Just wondering if I am crazy for trying to go down this path. They sure look good and everyone on this forum that is fortunate enough to own a set seem to love them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had success ordering these wheels from Acewall in Germany. Franco was professional all the way, and provided he lowest possible price I could find (including the distributer you mentioned). He was mentioned a lot on another forum I am on, which gave me confidence in my dealings with him. Wait time was approx 6-8 weeks, so be mindful of that. They are a work of art to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look amazing! So ordering from Germany and shipping to the US wasnt a big deal? I figured the shipping alone would be brutal.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My price included shipping. Not a big deal at all. Much much cheaper than the US distributor, and my service was professional. I have no connection with dealers and no reason to pump up acewall, other than a positive customer experience. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They look amazing! So ordering from Germany and shipping to the US wasnt a big deal? I figured the shipping alone would be brutal.
When I had Alpinas shipped from Italy to Cambodia, the shipping cost was USD250 via EMS.
Nice thing, being non EU, is not paying the ~20% VAT which somewhat compensates for the shipping cost. It then depends on your country's import tax regulations.....

If I did it again, I'd seriously look at Kineos since they dont require O ring seals on the spokes like the Alpinas.
Do Kineos use stainless spokes ? If so, that would be another plus compared to the Alpinas

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Kineos are great, but be aware for the SC's I don't think you can use the stock cush drive/sprocket. Dolemite put his on a R9T (shaft drive) so he didn't have that issue.

JC has a post on this somewhere around here.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Kineos are great, but be aware for the SC's I don't think you can use the stock cush drive/sprocket.
As they come with a super light cush drive and hard coated aluminum chainwheel this is not a big deal...

I was among the first to put them on a SC and have them since February 2011...

Two of my friends also have the wheels on their SCs and are very happy... ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice! Love the Alaina wheels but don't like a number of things about them, spoke design primarily. O-rings are something that can and will perish. However in Carbon fiber they are tasty. Another issue I have is getting them in a format that permits one to build their own wheels without question. It's been years since I've inquired but JC (stellar guy btw & great supporter of our SCs) didn't seem to have enough time on his hands to serve the marker outside SC bikes.
I've met another since in Italy and Holland willing to sort specific needs but I no longer have the free time needed. I saw a set of these on fleabay for a super Moto bike and was curious. Maybe if the weight is reasonable I'd consider a set. Weight of spokes wheels verse Aluminum or Mag seems to be the major reason I jumped ship and went to a hard wheel. Great for dirt bikes imo not performance machines & track weaponry.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Email Franco:
[email protected]

German based distributer. The largest kineo distributer in the world I believe.

Copied from his email signature:

Franco Cappiello

ACEWELL - Technologies
Franchino Cappiello e.K.
Daimlerstrasse 8/1
73117 Wangen / Göppingen
Germany
TEL: +49 (0) 7161-9871639
FAX: +49 (0) 7161-9874458
[email protected]
www.kineo-wheels.com
HRA : 720837 Ulm
Ust.IdNr. DE 256 551 825

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Nice! Love the Alaina wheels but don't like a number of things about them, spoke design primarily. O-rings are something that can and will perish.
Quick data point - Alpinas have been installed on our GT since Feb 2007 (13+ years ago) and they still retain air pressure better than a set of forged Marchesinis. Just sayin' :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts