Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else upset that Ferrari is having Kimi leave early to make room for Alonso? I have gotten used to his rock and roll don't talk to me attitude, and he is still at least #2 on the grid in talent. I guess I have gotten upset at the media personage that the drivers have to play these days. Drivers used to drink and smoke whenever they pleased, and the latter right before a race!! Sponsors have killed things I think in certain ways...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Not a fan of either one. Rarely watch F1 nowadays. Used to live for it when Mansell was racing. It's sad really, I used to be such a huge open wheel fan. Been to 14 Indy 500's (saw Mario win in 1969 on a rain check). Lived 1.6 miles from the track for 4 years. Worked for Teo Fabi checking tire temps in 1988. We studied at the track the entire month of may. Could drop names worse than Tye, but I wont. Tony George really F33ked up the series and slowly caused the death of my love for F1 and Indy.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it was better in the 90's thats for sure. The rules will be clear for this next year, so there will be no confusion on what can and can't be done with car design...hopefully. I guess I just liked the way Kimi reacted to things...he always seemed on the verge of telling someone to screw off when he was asked an absurd question. All this political proper crap they all do. When asked at a press conference what Alonso should expect at Ferrari, kimi replied "he has been racing long enough, he will find out, there is nothing really to say". He could have given some long crap about how it was magical and shit, but he didn't, and for some reason, that just hits home for me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not a fan of either one. Rarely watch F1 nowadays. Used to live for it when Mansell was racing. It's sad really, I used to be such a huge open wheel fan. Been to 14 Indy 500's (saw Mario win in 1969 on a rain check). Lived 1.6 miles from the track for 4 years. Worked for Teo Fabi checking tire temps in 1988. We studied at the track the entire month of may. Could drop names worse than Tye, but I wont. Tony George really F33ked up the series and slowly caused the death of my love for F1 and Indy.
I lost interest in open wheeled racing about the same time. I was a Prost fan then. While Tony was mucking up racing on this side of the pond Bernie and Max were doing the same to F1. I remember Andretti winning in '69. If someone had told me that would be his only victory at Indy I'd have thought they were crazy.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've been an F1 fan since the early 90's and while the racing was more exiting, the past 4 or 5 F1 seasons have been pretty exiting too. I think Kimi got sick of the F1 political bullshit and lost his motivation because of that and the weak '09 Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been an F1 fan since the early 90's and while the racing was more exiting, the past 4 or 5 F1 seasons have been pretty exiting too. I think Kimi got sick of the F1 political bullshit and lost his motivation because of that and the weak '09 Ferrari.
Very true, and it is too bad that they basically asked him to leave considering the new car will quite possibly be a runaway 2010 champion because of the time they have had to invest in it. Walking away from an almost certain Championship crown...and a damn good chance Alonso will inherit it handily.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I haven't watched F1 since the Schumi vs Hakkinen days.
Ditto!

and, Raikkonen is an ass.. You should see how he is all the time in the headlines for drinking and such.. ( a typical young Finnish guy, with a little bit of too much money?)

The best thing that happened here to F1 was when the national channel, that was showing it, moved it to a pay-channel! Now I have so much more time, I don't have to watch them driving around in circles and only passing each others in the pits. :-D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its not that I'm upset with getting rid of Kimi, its the way in which it was done. To just kick a guy off the team without trading him to another team that would pay his contracted salary is unfair. Though his salary ($49M) is too much for his talant. The whole saga makes me ill. he's a good driver and one that should find a home. Now if only he would bend on his demands then maybe we'll see him race in 2010.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not that I'm upset with getting rid of Kimi, its the way in which it was done. To just kick a guy off the team without trading him to another team that would pay his contracted salary is unfair. Though his salary ($49M) is too much for his talant. The whole saga makes me ill. he's a good driver and one that should find a home. Now if only he would bend on his demands then maybe we'll see him race in 2010.
I think he is going to be with Mclaren...or will he just take the 17m euro and vacation for a season...http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091106091155.shtml
I agree that he is not worth that much money, not sure why Ferrari thought that he would be worth the same as Michael considering everyone knew of his lack of care in the development department and his desire to just have a good car given to him.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Kimi gone and Button to well get the crappy half of the team which fawns all over Hamilton which is why Alonso left. I will miss Kimi, a real guy who I would like to party with in an era of political correctness and cookie cutter drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kimi gone and Button to well get the crappy half of the team which fawns all over Hamilton which is why Alonso left. I will miss Kimi, a real guy who I would like to party with in an era of political correctness and cookie cutter drivers.
+1million...I am not happy to see him go...he is the first driver that I would follow out of the Ferrari seat...

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Now the rumour mill suggests Brawn er Mercedes is in talks with Schumi to come back to team with Rossberg for the German super team. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts