Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have seen a lot of you mention the Killington Bike Classic in some previous posts, and I hate being the one to bring the bad news: The local paper has a big article in it today stating that the event has been cancelled by the organizers. It's a shame, any of you that have ventured up this way know that September is a beautiful time to visit VT. and New England. I guess the alternative is Americade in June @ Lake George NY for any of you that can change your plans.
MF

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bummer, went last year for the first time and had a blast.:(
Any reasons stated?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Financial reasons is what it said in the article I read. They had almost 5,000 bikes registered last year so I find that kind of hard to believe. I know quite a few local business owners (Pubs and Restaurants) that said they were very busy from the influx of bikers in the area. Unfortunate!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I emailed one of the organizer's of the event, Kevin Clement, and asked him
if it was actually cancelled or if it could still happen. He replied that he could
give me a better answer in two weks. So... it isn't officially dead yet. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting Rick? The article in the local paper said it had "officially" been cancelled. Let's hope that they can pull it back together. Is Kevin a local?

·
Registered
424 Posts
My guess is that he is still negotiating with the local Chamber of Commerce to
come up with some more money. I don't know if he's local.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, another article in the local paper today states that the Killington Classic is back on!! Rick, guess you had good info!! This is great news for the local businesses and for the bikers that attend.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Killington Classic is Back

Yeah, Kevin Clement, one of the organizers replied to my email that it was back
on. I guess the powers that be came up with the money they wanted. Seems
like a no brainer, invest $24,000 to bring in over a million in business.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My thoughts exactly! For any of you that are looking for a fall rally to attend, (as I said earlier in this thread) this is an awesome time of the year to visit VT. The event is well run, and the locals will treat you like kings and queens!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
vtst4s said:
My thoughts exactly! For any of you that are looking for a fall rally to attend, (as I said earlier in this thread) this is an awesome time of the year to visit VT. The event is well run, and the locals will treat you like kings and queens!!
If you're looking for a more low key event I bet you would be welcome at the VT BMW Club's local rally in Ripton, VT. You need to bring a tent or sleep in some bunk houses. Breakfast and dinner is made by volunteers and the entertainment is kicking tires and telling lies. But, it's a great time with great riding nearby!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Oilhed said:
If you're looking for a more low key event I bet you would be welcome at the VT BMW Club's local rally in Ripton, VT.
Actually, you can do both. The Green Mountain Rally is Sept. 16th - 18th. Like Mark said, it is
a great time with great riding! Mostly BMW's of course, but they will accept other brands as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts