Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Working on a BiPosto to MonoPosto rearset conversion, and just received my 1098 rear stand ... and already stripped it.

The manual mentions the torque on the Pivot Bolt nut as 24nm, so I figured the same for the unlisted Pivot Bolt ... and way before that, without any warning I started getting the lowering of resistance feeling telltale of a stripped thread. What are the pivots supposed to be torqued to (before torqueing the nut to 24nm)?

The bolt is steel (or some form of iron) and the stand is aluminum. Is it safe to say only the stand is wrecked, or should I get a bolt too (the bolt is 35.00, but cheaper than fixing the left side of the bike if it fell over, and it has a weird reduction in thickness just before the shoulder to the pivot, looks weak)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hey guys,

Working on a BiPosto to MonoPosto rearset conversion, and just received my 1098 rear stand ... and already stripped it.

The manual mentions the torque on the Pivot Bolt nut as 24nm, so I figured the same for the unlisted Pivot Bolt ... and way before that, without any warning I started getting the lowering of resistance feeling telltale of a stripped thread. What are the pivots supposed to be torqued to (before torqueing the nut to 24nm)?

The bolt is steel (or some form of iron) and the stand is aluminum. Is it safe to say only the stand is wrecked, or should I get a bolt too (the bolt is 35.00, but cheaper than fixing the left side of the bike if it fell over, and it has a weird reduction in thickness just before the shoulder to the pivot, looks weak)?

Thanks!
Sorry I'm not familiar with the 1098 kickstand but I thought they were all basically the same, that is to say the pivot bolt mounts with a nut so there is nothing to strip on the stand itself. Maybe the nut on the back of the bracket was stuck initially making you think it was part of the stand. So what you feel as stripped threads may just be the nut spinning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts