Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sidestand on my 998 flexes a good bit. I checked the bolt holding it to the bike and it is torqued appropriately. But you can see the stand flex near the bend at the lower third of the stand when you first apply weight. Is this normal? :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
You said "I checked the bolt holding it to the bike and it is torqued appropriately."
The bolt that holds the bracket to the case can come loose and cause this.

Those bolts are notorious for coming loose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. The lower bolt was coming loose. I was just checking the one that holds the kickstand sensor on. Got it fixed now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
249 Posts
hmmmm, I may be becoming a hypocondriac but I think mine does this as well :think: First thing Saturday morning!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer said the 749 side stands are notoriously weak because of the material used, soft aluminum, and said I should replace the stand. Any idea if there are aftermarkets available?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stand is still flexing but no problems. I did see Desmotimes sells a billet replacement that is 1" longer for $150.00. I'm still on the fence though. But the key is to replace it the day before it breaks, not the day after;)

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Just don't sit on the bike using the stand and don't rotate the bike around on it's stand. My '01 996 still has it's original with no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts