Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just landed this beast last week. Need advice on the kick stand. It’s bloody difficult to put down. Cant get my boot on it very well. Whats a better stand? 2012 696 ABS

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Every time I get a new bike it takes a while to find precisely where to put my foot to find the end of the stand. You’ll get used to it after a while.

·
Registered
54 Posts
take it to a welder or if you can do the work and add some metal? another issue i have found is anyone alters the forks in the bike by rasing or lowering them alters the rake and trail making the bike difficult to get on the main stand. I just serviced a friends yamaha diversion, measured the forks and found someone had raised the forks by a considerable amount. when adjusted the bike was easier to get on the main stand.
vinnychoff

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
On other brands I have used a hose clamp on the stand to hold it away from the frame a little so I could find it easier. Not sure that will work but worth a try.

Reactions: SteelerBike

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have never had a problem finding my kickstand on 696. I think the tip of it makes it easy enough. The kickstand on my friend’s 620 really painful to find even though it has that knob people mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else feel like their 696 leans a bit too much on stands compared to other bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
You could slide the fork legs up in the triples a little if you don’t mind the quicker turn in. You could lower the rear the same amount if you don’t want to change the handling. Both will stand the bike up a little. Buy a kickstand foot , that will stand it up a bit and keep the stand from sinking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts