Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a new one: my key doesn't wanna go into the key slot, once its in, it doesnt wanna come back out. replace? or is there a WD40 type fix?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
There is a special lubrication for locks. It is a graphite based lubrication (graphite in alcohol in think, no oil which will attract and hold dust). If you go to a hardware store and ask they should have it.

I have used this on house locks in the past and works amazingly well

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brilliant! thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
How sticky is your set release lock? Possible you have twisted the key trying to get the seat off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hrm... i hope thats not it... the seat release is pretty tough

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I have had the same issue with my ignition.. very tough sometimes to get in or out...thought it was just par for the course, will try the locease.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You could be having a bit of both problems- dry ignition and twisted key. At different times both of them have reared their ugly heads and caused my ignition to refuse turning or be difficult.

FWIW, when I've twisted the key by attempting to release the seat it's almost always been my frustration instead of the seat. Unless the cable is mis-routed or is not adjusted correctly the seat latch will reliably release but it doesn't always DO exactly the same thing! Sometimes it sort of "jumps" a little, other times it just sits there. I've learned to pull backwards on the bottom rear lip of the seat as my best method of removal AND avoiding whacking my knuckles!

And the Lock Ease is a MUST have for all garages, the Duc seems particularly prone to getting sticky.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
On my 2006, if I push down on the back of the seat as I turn the key, the seat comes off easy peasy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this may double post but i am gonna say it again anyway, as its not showing my reply:mad:

i use triflow on my mtn bike chains, hadnt thought of using that in this application though. i went ahead and bought the graphite and used that. seems to be moving better but there is also a hang up on something.

i may be calling ducatiseattle about warranty replacement soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts