Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with the rubber coming off of the key? Went to see the local ducati shop about tires and mentioned it to them and got the response of super glue it back on, I told them that that was not going to cut it on a $15k bike. Also they looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned the rear brake update. They have bleed the system 3 times and it's better for a bit. Are people getting the run around about the brake update also? The bike is a 2010 that I bought a year ago and has 5600 miles. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I first got my 2011(Nov 11) I asked about the rear brake upgrade. Was told to ride it and if I didn't feel it worked the way it should let them know and they would do the upgrade. At the 600 mile service I asked for it to be done and they did it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the rubber peel off my key fob. Put a dab of super glue and no more problems. I know it's an expensive bike and we shouldn't have to worry about the rubber peeling off the key but how much is your time worth? Don't waste your time at the dealer on something you can remedy yourself.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Yes and yes.

The rubber was coming off my key fob, too. I put a drop of super glue on it...never even thought about mentioning it to the dealer.

My brakes were CRAP for most of the first year with my MTS. The dealer bled them numerous times and did the service bulletin fix. Every time they were a little better for a while, but after a couple hundred miles, they's fade again until they were absolutely useless.

The last time in, they replaced the brake fluid with a new kind that Ducati recommended. They said it cost about $75 a pint. The brakes have been better since! (about three months now)

·
Sophomore Member
3,051 Posts
I also had the problem with the rubber coming off the key. Should it do that? No. Is it that big of a deal? I don't think so. I put a few drops of super glue on it and all is well. If you raise a big fuss over it, all that will happen is the dealer will put super glue on it...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also had the problem with the rubber coming off the key. Should it do that? No. Is it that big of a deal? I don't think so. I put a few drops of super glue on it and all is well. If you raise a big fuss over it, all that will happen is the dealer will put super glue on it...
They all do that sir.... Yes, mine too. Solution? A dab of superglue..... As already said. It shouldn't happen, but there you go. Not a biggie.... Now where are my replacement seats? Coming apparently.... The 2010 comfort seats soak up water and leak onto your legs, and Ducati are replacing those under warranty.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I made the mistake of trying a proper rubber (contact) cement. It worked for a week or two then peeled right off again. I think the old glue left a residue on the plastic that I didn't clean off.

Next time I'll try super glue ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts