Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 Ducati 848 and it came with one black key and the Code Card. I would like a spare key so I order and OEM one from DucatiOmaha.com (part #598.4.024.1A) and had it cut by a local locksmith. Now I'm planning on using the programming instructions in the service manual, i.e.; enter the electronic code, access programming menu, insert key one, key two, and then key X...etc. Anyway, has anyone done this successfully? I'm worried about starting the programming procedure and then something goes wrong and I ruin both key.

Thanks for the help.

·
Old Fast Guy
509 Posts
You"ll be fine if you follow the procedure. It isn't really difficult. Just read it thoroughly before you begin so you know what to do, then do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're sure this blank OEM key can be programmed using just the Code Card and the working key?

·
Old Fast Guy
509 Posts
You're sure this blank OEM key can be programmed using just the Code Card and the working key?
Yes, follow the reprogramming procedure in the WSM.

"Loss of one key
After purchasing a new key, perform the Reprogramming procedure (by entering the code shown on the CODE CARD) with the new key and the remaining key."

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I don't have a WSM, so can anyone copy and paste the instructions? I bought a 2009 1198 and it came with one key. I just had a locksmith cut a second key that I had ordered, and it turns the lock but needs to be programmed to allow it to start the bike.

If I have to, I can use DucatiDiag to disable the immobilizer, but I would rather keep it intact if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts