Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to tell what ecu I need from the connectors in this picture? I included pictures of the ecu I just ordered. Also do you happen to know off the top of your head what this other connector is for in the last picture? I appreciate the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently picked up a 2008 1100s hypermotard. It came with one key and the dash, but the ignition and ecu are missing. I ordered a used key and ecu on ebay and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if I can turn off the Key immobilizer or if I can somehow program it all to work? I do havediagnostic cables and guzzidiag from previous projects if that helps me. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
if you disable the immo in the ecu file it will work just fine with any key, but the dash will still have the shits with the non coded key and will show an immo error.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you possibly walk me through disabling the immo? I'd at least like to hear it start and go from there. It needs a lot of love.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It can be done. It doesn't matter which ECU version you bought so long as it is the correct hardware, the software can be changed. Have a look over in the Tech Section. If you are near Tampa Florida I'd be happy to show you.

t_bare

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there maybe a file you know of that I can load into the ecu to shut off the immobilizer or maybe a way I can open the file and shut it off myself?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Dumb question; is it wise to discuss in an open public forum how to defeat the security system of a motorcycle?

Maybe should this discussion be moved into private messaging?

Just a curious question, more rhetorical than anything else.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Another idea I was having.. Can I remove the chip from my old key and place it into the key that came with the new ignition I ordered? Would that convince the immo?
yes, if it is the right key then it will work with the immo. you could then get that key cloned too, as many locksmiths can do that.

i'm not sure if the hm marelli ecu will be tied to the immo or not, i don't recall now. the 1098 series ended the red key bit, but i'm not sure if that meant you could use a coded 1098 ecu in another 1098, and the hm would be the same i would think. never tried that.

if you get another oem hm ecu and it runs, then what i wrote above is true. if it won't run, i'm wrong. never tried it on one of them.

if the ecu is happy with the key, but not happy with the ecu, it will show a fault even if the ecu has had the immo disabled. the immo tells the ecu whether or not it is happy for the ecu to start. if you disable the immo in the ecu file, the ecu just ignores the immo outright.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know where I might find a step by step on how to disable the immobilizer? In case I cannot get the key situation figured out properly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok well just to let people know. It seems on this model the only part that communicates and is coded together are the key/chip to the dash/instrument cluster. I removed the chip from my original key and put it into my new key set and it worked. Immobilizer is off. Waiting on the new ecu in the mail. After that just fresh gas and it should fire up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts