Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is cracking, does anyone have a source to replace this gasket/rubber that installs around the key guard to keep from scratching the tank?

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Mine is cracking, does anyone have a source to replace this gasket/rubber that installs around the key guard to keep from scratching the tank?

Make that a source for 2, I planned to replace mine with the repaint and all but didn't receive it though I thought I'd ordered one through the Duck Pond.

·
7,733 Posts
Very narrow rubber tubing, pulled over a narrow dowel, and carefully sliced down the middle with an exacto blade, cut to length and slipped over the edge of the key guard. Or, try ordering one from the closest dealer. :)

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very narrow rubber tubing, pulled over a narrow dowel, and carefully sliced down the middle with an exacto blade, cut to length and slipped over the edge of the key guard. Or, try ordering one from the closest dealer. :)
Not a bad idea, thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you can't find something that works and you end up buying one from the dealer, I have had good luck ordering parts from Commononwealth Motorcycles online. It's a Ducati dealer in Louisville, KY. Very professional and easy to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts