Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ummm, this is strange.
The yellow dash warning that my key fob battery is low has been popping up for a few weeks. I changed the battery today with a fresh 2032. I tested the voltage of the fresh battery at 3.2V. For the heck of it, I checked the voltage of the old battery at 2.65V.
So turning on the dash, I got the 'enter code' message. I tried again, same thing. I pulled out the fresh, new battery, ensured it was + up, re-seated it and tried again. 'enter code'. I entered the code, dash informs me yes, that is the correct code (figuring maybe it needed that to 'see' the fob again). Still won't start without the code. So I put the old battery back in and it recognizes the fob! New battery - looks for code. Old battery, all is fine (except low warning box). I did this repeatedly and it worked every time on the old battery and zero times on a new battery. Fob cover on or off, same thing. WTF?
Outside of this specific bike/fob, this is not my first key fob battery rodeo....
(posting under Multistrada, though this could relate to any fob activated Ducati)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, a different new battery worked. Weird. I rechecked the other new one for a film that is sometimes put on the negative side in packaging, but none, and voltage is over 3V.
I'm going with supernatural. Or perhaps I need to attend a few more key fob battery rodeos...!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts