Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks. I'm new to Ducati ownership with a 2014 Diavel Strata. My problem is sometimes the bike recognizes the key fob (to start) and sometimes it doesn't. I have replaced the battery in the fob. When it's not recognized by the bike I use the PIN to start. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Mark

·
Registered
33 Posts
On the xDiavel the sensor is on the left side below the seat so I can usually just wave it there and it works. However there are places where it never works due to interference such as my drycleaners parking lot.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Make sure that the key fob is not close to your cell phone. Had this problem myself and keep any electronics at least about 1` away.
Also with regards the battery. I do not use the cheaper dollar store ones.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Make sure that the key fob is not close to your cell phone. Had this problem myself and keep any electronics at least about 1` away.
Also with regards the battery. I do not use the cheaper dollar store ones.
This!!!
i nearly bought a new fob because i was replacing flat batteries with flat batteries! i even tested them, the voltage was ok but they were gutless, once i went to a busy supermarket the battery worked fine!

On yours you can reach under the seat near the back of the engine to get close to the receiver, on my bike the button under the gauge is painful to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts