Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,895 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I can't say anything regarding the 2 bike trailers but I have a Kendon Single Stand-Up Trailer I bought used for half price a couple of years ago and it does the job perfectly. It's nice to be able to stand it up and not take up a half your garage.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have a 2008 Stand Up "Big Bike" trailer. They have changed the names and updated models a bit. The Ride Up has more weigh capacity and a wider ramp. I ride up the narrow ramp on mine all the time, but it is do or die, no stopping and putting your foot down. Of the current models, if you do not require the 2000# capacity the "Stand Up' is lighter, gives you the ability to haul 3 dirt bikes or 1 bike in the center and of course 2 bikes left and right. The other trailer will haul one bike just fine but it looks unbalanced for OCD types. The lighter one would be my choice, being cheaper is a bonus.

t_bare

·
Registered
58 Posts
solid build. I did not realize they make a more 'economical' version. Knowing their built quality I would not hesitate with the more economical version. Plus a big plus with any weight savings. The dual I had was a bit on the heavy side to lift and maneuver.

·
Registered
40 Posts
First time seeing the Kendon trailers. Look to be great quality, but they are pricey.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the regular "stand-up" trailer. Its plenty overbuilt for a Ducati, it barely knows my 848 is on it. Has big wheels/tires so I have had no issues speeding on the highway with it behind a BMW 3 series. I did a 400 mile round trip on it without an issue.

Unless you want dual rails or need the capacity if you find a newer (round tube) stand-up model get it. You can add the "ride up" function to it for $500 later. Ive considered it but its so easy to walk the 848 up that I havent really paid attention.

Just make sure and let some air out of tires when empty to make it bounce a little less and get a greasing gun because youre supposed to fill those bearings every 1500 miles or so.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They are nice trailers, I have pulled one owned by a friend a couple times. Very expensive for what you get, and basically zero utility outside of hauling motorcycles. Since u-haul will rent you a 5x9 trailer for next to nothing, it seems hard to justify. I'm sure there is some niche use case where they make sense, though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've seen pics with 3 dirtbikes, but what about 3 streetbikes? Will they fit? Will the middle one have to go on backwards?

·
Administrator
11,895 Posts
I've seen pics with 3 dirtbikes, but what about 3 streetbikes? Will they fit? Will the middle one have to go on backwards?

3 street bikes fit fine with everything forward.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a 2008(?) 3 rail standup. Loved that thing. Light enough to stand up on my own, light enough to walk it to my SUV by hand. Towed two bikes easily.. 3 sport bikes would have been tight, maybe the middle one backwards but I never tried. I loved how small and low it was. Loading my bike up was a breeze.

Hated how easy it was to take with me to buy another bike. Ended up buying bikes left and right lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts