Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot about people fitting Keihin 41mm flatsides to 900ss and have great results. I am keen to try these carbs on my 1985 mhr mille 1000? Does anyone know if this would be worthwhile?
cheers Mitcho.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
hi Mitcho, welcome to the board.
this section is about belt driven bikes, the bevel
bikes are supported in the vintage section.

anyway, i would do it, and have two pics with
a bevel and flatsides, not my bike though.

cheers.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey Mitch

I fitted 39mm flatsides to my 600ss with great results
They where a huge improvment over the mikuni's
If you are keen on them and want some good duke advice send a email to Chris at ca cycleworks. He specliases in ducatis and should be able to advise on the right outcome. His web is
www.ca-cycleworks.com
Im in Aus too and got them sent over without a problem great service.

Cheers

·
Registered
733 Posts
Some of the vintage boys and girls might be able to help with your question about doing it.

This site http://www.sudco.com/Carburetor01.html has all we belt drive people need to know but don't really mention bevel Ducatis.

Only other thing I can add is when I bought mine I added a few other things with the order and went over the magic $1000 to import goods into Australia. Had to pay an extra $400 or so to clear customs and in GST and import tax. Was still cheaper than buying for an Aussie seller and was well worth the money. And I also bought mine from ca-cycleworks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
FCRs are not a cost effective power mod on otherwise stock bevels. A set of Dellorto PHM 40s is about all you need and you've probably already got those on. Remember that the bevels already have individually mounted carbs on short manifolds so the improvement you'd get get going that way with FCRs on the carbie '90s SSs is already in play.

Of course traditionalists are all shaking with disgust at the mere thought of putting japanese carbs on a bevel :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts