Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 41mm Keihin kit for my FE a few weeks ago from CA-Cycleworks, with no apparent ETA on delivery. Are there any other suppliers who stock the complete kit double-carb kit that includes everything you need for a 900ss, and is pre-jetted and adjusted?

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Sudco is the importer so all the others listed are buying from Sudco (as I do) . My guess is that Sudco is out of stock right now and with Chris beiing out of stock there are none in the pipeline. If another re-seller happens to have a set in stock (that they bought previously from Sudco) then they will have some on the shelf for you to buy. It is worth calling around and checking as you may find someone who has them.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I think that is right, they are backordered, I placed an order for the same thing the same day as josephvman did.

*Edit: just got an email from Chris - yep, they are shipping from overseas this week so it won't be too much longer.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
I thought they were fat slide carbs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
California Cycleworks

I don't see any Keihin or other carburetor parts on the California Cycleworks web page. Does anyone know whether they are still in the carburetor business?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't see any Keihin or other carburetor parts on the California Cycleworks web page. Does anyone know whether they are still in the carburetor business?
Well, FYI, here is the e-mail response I just got back from California Cycleworks:

"Hi Michael and thanks for writing. We have moved to Georgia and so our associate in San Diego has taken over the carb sales. You can reach him at inguysgarage.com, and I have cc'd him with this email as well.

Ann

Ann Jennings
Operations Manager
California Cycleworks, Inc
ca-cycleworks.com
[email protected]
P: 619/501-2466"

No idea what the backstory is on this, but from looking at the inguysgarage web page, it seems the price of FCR41's has increased significantly from last year.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Yes starting this spring the cost of FCR's jumped by about 1/3!!!

I had a customer grab a couple sets while they were at the old price but that ship has sailed. With the new price in the $1400 price range I will assume the used prices will rise to about what they were selling for new prior to the increase. So keep that in mind if you see a set at the old prices (new or used) you might want to jump on it as they will be changing prices shortly as people discover what has happened.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I heard Keihin, but that's second hand oveheard info from the parts counter at my local dealership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts