Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the conti rep endcans on my S today.
Nice and sturdy, at first they were a puzzle to fit but after a quick chat with Mark at Keihan I loosened up the headers and link pipe a bit and it was a ten minute job after that.

Heres a short sound clip, this is with the baffles in which is still quite nice, it rained just after this and I'll try to do another clip with the baffles removed tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9beqX3ySE

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very Nice

They look very nice, I am surprised that members Stateside keep opting for Staintunes - obviously those down under will go for them. It's also great to see a British product that looks great performs well and doesn't cost the earth. I remember speaking to Mark some time ago about a 2 into 1 full system he was developing for Bip's I don't know how far along he is with that.
On a different tack when's the midge season over up there as I fancy a trip around the Glens - I promise to bring wet weather gear for the rain factory.

Regards Nick - also in blighty:D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
They look very nice, I am surprised that members Stateside keep opting for Staintunes - obviously those down under will go for them. It's also great to see a British product that looks great performs well and doesn't cost the earth. I remember speaking to Mark some time ago about a 2 into 1 full system he was developing for Bip's I don't know how far along he is with that.
On a different tack when's the midge season over up there as I fancy a trip around the Glens - I promise to bring wet weather gear for the rain factory.

Regards Nick - also in blighty:D

Speaking as an ex pat (also from Kent, Bromley in fact) the exchange rate effectively doubling the cost is a big part of the decision to avoid buying British. Think of the buying power the Pound has in America and then reverse it! Sad but true.

The shipping time can be a drag but the cost makes it prohibitive. That's why I chose against a hugger from the UK, unfortunately I just couldn't justify the cost.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Tell me about exchange rates. When we visited Vancouver in 2005 we received 2.3 Canadian Dollars to the Pound. We'll be visiting friends & family around the Toronto area in a couple of months & the current exchange rate is $1.8 CAN to the Pound. Ho hum....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've discovered that you cant seem to edit posts at all on this site,which is a bit exasperating, I did try and contact them about it but no reply.
So,with that said, the first link is dead,I deleted it from youtube and cant fix the post so here are two more.
One is with the baffles like the original post, the other without baffles.
You dont get the volume in these soundclips but I think you can hear a bit of difference between the two.

They run very smoothly on the bike though I haven't had it out on the road without the inserts as they are very, very loud and the police are paying particular attention to bikes this holiday weekend here in the UK.:rolleyes:

Soon my pretty, soon.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsQYnhbI02Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFoYqe4m8_g

·
Registered
16 Posts
Keihan Slip on Mufflers

I just installed the Keihans on my 2008 GT 1000. They really enhance the GT's retro look. They are a little on the loud side, but I think I can live with that. Nice product. No hassles with shipping or import duties. They showed up on my door step 10 days after I ordered them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Keihan Exhausts

I just took it for a 100 mile ride. I noticed just a touch of a pop when closing the throttle, but no change in performance. I had the dealer take it for a ride and he said he wouldn't change a thing. They sound louder when riding then they actually are. Nice sound. I imagine a remapped ECU would offer more performance, but I'm an old guy and the bike is plenty fast enough as is. They look awesome on GT 1000. So, for now, it is slip on and go.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Monstyr - were they just a slip on and go? There wasnt a need to change out the ECU?

Pretty much a straight bolt on, I had to loosen the headers to give me a bit of play to allow an even alignment of the cans but it all fits fine and seems to run well, though since I've fitted them I've not had much time out on the bike.

I think the stock ecu seems to cope well with these changes though I'll get mine checked when the bike goes in for a minor service in a while. Theres no popping or roughness and apart from the noise the only thing I've noticed is a little less engine braking- though that bit might be in my head rather than a real effect.
I'm not after more power, I wanted these for looks alone and in that respect I'm very happy with them, the only thing I may do is coat them black sometime...or maybe polish the headers to match the cans, cant decide at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts