Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inquired about these slip-ons today for my 2008 Sport1000 Bip for the following reasons: Overall looks, sound, removeable baffles, and no fueling adjustments (according to Keihan). Price is ok, relative to other options, but I have 2 concerns.

First, they just look too long (I know this has come up before). I requested pictures and received them from Keihan, and they stick out what looks like beyond the end of the rear tire. I would paint them black, but still, they look too long. Keihan says the pictures I received were the shorter production models. I wonder how long the prototypes were!! I don't understand why they made them so long.

Second, I worry that the statement that stock fueling is fine is based on Europe's setup, and that a bike with a US ECU would be different. I want to avoid getting involved with fuel issues.

My goal is to find reasonably priced slip ons with "better" sound and decent looks. Not looking for more power or super loud.

Anyone with Keihan experience that can comment? Thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi Gedwin,

I ride an 07 Biposto, and surprised by the limited choice of exhaust offered for this bike. I'm not a big fan of termis (too popular), and the Zards for bipostos are just insanely expensive!!! We share the same opinion regarding the Keihan pipes - they're too long.
Anyway, I'll keep on looking for exhausts... and will let you know if anything comes up from my end.

~k

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I agree. Too me, even the Termi are kind of high (by the prices I've been quoted), and all the talk that they run rich with the DP ECU which then kills MPG, I'm not drawn to them. Don't want to get involved with tuning anymore. I've done my time with other bikes (996, etc.), and now I just want to ride. If those darn Keihan's were just shorter! Where's my saw! Haha.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I dont think they are too long, any shorter and they wouldnt have that elegant shape and look too stubby.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
I see what you mean.... they look great on your bike! Probably because of the front fairing, making the bike well balanced. But I do wish they're a bit shorter for the non S bikes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree that they do look better on your 1000S. Also, the picture angle is more straight on. The pictures they sent me were angled toward the back making them look longer yet. I would paint them black if I put them on my black S1000, which would help make them blend. I'd like to see a picture straight on from the side on a non-fairing bike like mine.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
i know what ya mean...

i got a pair and cut 4" off them and really like the resulting proportions.
bear in mind that this creates a larger inlet diameter as you move up the cone, but i had larger headers to match anyways...

to get an idea of the length, the heat shields are roughly centered on the inlet connection.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
**Thread Jack**

Geoff, your bike sure looks great...

**End of Thread Jack**

·
Registered
592 Posts
Do these pipes have a E number?
No E number on them, they are marked 'For race use only' on the underside though mine have the baffles fitted and I'm reasonably confident I wont get any hassle with the law.
I will take the precaution of polishing off the stamped lettering sometime in the winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts