Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
which ones better?
better for what ?

both are great bikes, totally different designs with radically different maintenance schedules

both can put a huge smile on your face and make you giggle inside your helmet

both can lead to your demise

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
better for what ?

both are great bikes, totally different designs with radically different maintenance schedules

both can put a huge smile on your face and make you giggle inside your helmet

both can lead to your demise
I take it the kawi has more power and torque, but the monsters look much better IMO and i hear good things about them. Im just coming off a yamaha fz1, so would there be a big power difference just wondering? I really want the streetfighter 848 but I dont know if i will come up short on money, if i do i thought about the z1000 or monster

·
Registered
33 Posts
Z1000 vs. 1100EVO

As stated earlier both are great machines. I'm sure the Kaw has a big power advantage over the Monster. The Monster has some weight advantage. I'm coming from a 2000 SV Suzuki 650 & a 2005 GSXR-750. Purchased the Monster Dec.2011. The monster has good brakes and throttle response without being over the top on HP. The monster is built very compact, it really shines on smooth curvy 2 lane. The tighter the turns the better. It is geared to high and you need 70+mph to see 6th gear. Read the Monster forum and you'll read of some of its shortcomings and the possible solutions. Ex. gearing and fueling. I'm not regretfull of selling the 2 Suzukis for the Monster. It has some rough edges that need attention, and we'll get it sorted.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
which ones better? Whats your guys's .02
The Z1000 will run smoother at low revs but will be buzzier at high revs. It will have more outright power than the Monster but not until you get above 6K revs, maybe more. The Monster will feel stronger at the low end and midrange.

The Monster is lighter but the Z1000 will likely have quicker steering and turn in. The Z1000 will have longer tank range but fewer mpg.

The Monster EVO comes with ABS and traction control, which are not options on the Z. TC might be a gimmick you won't need, but ABS could save your ass.

There's a chance you'll get a bigger discount when buying the Z, but the Monster should hold value a little (but not too much) better.

These bikes are quite different experiences;'chalk and cheese' as the Brits would say. Test them both and go with what floats your boat. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
As I tell ALL of my buddies who ride suz/hon/yam/kawk and consider a Duc, be sure to factor in MAINTENANCE. If you ride a lot it will bite you if you are not prepared for it. Either that or invest in some tools and learn from someone who already knows (it is not hard, but you have to have patience and it is quite a bit different then other engines).

Also be prepared for the Mod Bug :think:

Scott

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Z1000 will run smoother at low revs but will be buzzier at high revs. It will have more outright power than the Monster but not until you get above 6K revs, maybe more. The Monster will feel stronger at the low end and midrange.

The Monster is lighter but the Z1000 will likely have quicker steering and turn in. The Z1000 will have longer tank range but fewer mpg.
I personally doesn't like to rev all the time , So a torquey engine like the ds 1100 which pull easier and stronger on low to mid rev It's my choice.

I really don't like the z front end design, prefer the z 1000 sx a lot!

THE more fuel stoppage you have, the more you can appreciate the beauty. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts