Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a leo vince or similar Kat eliminator
sick to death of looking at the pregnant pipe !

Got termi's slip ons ECU to suit, DP air box ,
will i need to remap ?

Advice on brands , fits and problems , Pro's and Con's
best deals out there

all advice welcome

shanetbird

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Looking at a leo vince or similar Kat eliminator
sick to death of looking at the pregnant pipe !

Got termi's slip ons ECU to suit, DP air box ,
will i need to remap ?

Advice on brands , fits and problems , Pro's and Con's
best deals out there

all advice welcome

shanetbird
The Leo Vince fits very well and it costs less than the crappy fitting DP unit. Shouldn't have to make any fuel mapping adjustments with just the cat elim.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shane taking that cat out will be one of the biggest improvements you can make behind opening the airbox, you may be better to up the fueling a coulpa points.

You will lose 3 kg of weight as well, it is like taking a hanky out of there, also the new sound will give you a woodie!

LV seems to be the most sucessful eliminators but for not much more you can buy complete Zard Header set gaining you a 3.5 kg loss of weight, 45 mm headers from 39 mm std and most importantly getting equal length headers at 760 long each which is optimal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agree - Leo Vince works

The Leo Vince is easy to install & works as posters wrote. You may feel a bit of exhaust leak at a junction initially. Gets better, at least mine did, very soon after install.

·
Registered
52 Posts
arrow header....

hello... I used an Arrow header pipes that removes the cat... removed the butterfly valve and Termi slip-ons... the Termi comes w/ an ECU (i think), but I installed DP Cams which came with a different DP ECU... on the dyno my bike ran the same as a friends bike that is using the more expensive full Termi race exhaust.... i save a few hundred buks !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a DP Cat eliminator used on ebay for 100 bucks, plkus shipping and customs fees. Its a piece of crap in my opinion. Maybe its just this unit, but I noticed the welds at the Y-connector were incomplete, leaving one inlet pipe with an arc of about one inch with NO WELD BEAD. Well guess what, it will undoubtedly leak as is, so I am now sourcing a TIG welder who can make a repair with a tungsten wire electrode as the pipe is titanium. I guess I got exactly what I paid for! Once repaired, which will lilely take the total cost over $240.00, I will still have a bargain (it costs $700 taxes in here in Canada) however I am already expecting to have to use muffler cement to get it to seal up at the main outlet pipe.

Honestly, my advice is to get a NEW cat eliminator from anyone else but DP. In general, I find Ducati make excellent bikes but they back them up with crap quality parts. If its not leaking exhausts, its dull carbon Fibre or scratched finishes straight out of the boxes. The Leo Vince was my original plan before I saw this "smoking deal" on ebay. ("Caveat Emptor" - Let the buyer beware! - I'm not finished with this ebay transaction yet as the seller described it as in good condition!!!)

I"m looking forward to the tone change and the cleaner look with the eliminator. I intend to boost the stock ECU fuel trim to +5 (no air box mods or DP ECU, stock mufflers) using the VDST tool and see what happens. Does anyone have experience with best fuel trim settings with this set-up?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I might be in the market to get the LV cat eliminator. Does anyone know who has a good deal going on them right now?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks like LV elminator prices went up recently. Dennis Kirk has them for $285, search under LV elminator. Motostrano had them for $255 a while back, $299 now. Pretty happy with mine, the fit and quality was very good for the price.

Running Zard slip-ons, DP slip-on ECU, modded airbox, and LV eliminator now. The ecu trim that worked well for the stock cat seems a bit lean now with the LV. Will bump it a couple of points the next time I get my hands on the VDSTS software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts