Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Live in KCK work in Johnson County

I grew up in Kansas City, KS just west of Letko. I'm now a firefighter, my station is in Mission, KS. I right next to John's restaurant. I actually had a slice and a calzone for lunch today!! Just bought an '06 S2R Monster (Black & Tan) a couple of weeks ago. I plan on making it to Mario's BBQ, if for nothing else, just to drool on all the nice local Duc's. Nice to see so many KC area DUCS!!! :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sound contest?

pizza said:
desmodromiclubkc is co-hosting the bbq and also holding a sound contest for ducati only at the event . Also check out our web sitehttp://www.desmodromiclubkc.com/
Ok Gentlemen. Ducati newbie here - I'm sure by most standards. Only been riding DUCs for year and half (blame mamma for not bringing me up right!)

Anyway, tell me more about this "sound contest" :confused:

Do you just show up on the DUC and let it sing its heavenly melody? Or, is there last minute preparation to be done? To assure one's victory? ;) Are there any rules that I will be tempted to circumvent? :rolleyes: :think:

·
Registered
649 Posts
scotthenry said:
Live in Louisburg Kansas Die hard dirtbiker that has crossed over to a hypermotard-S. See ya there

Scott Henry
Where you the guy on the Hypermotard with the friend on a Super Duke?

I showed just in time for the sound contest, so I missed most of the social part.

The sound contest was pretty cool. My favorite was the ol' 900 Supersport. It looked like about a 75...?

What'd I miss showing late?

John, are you having battery or starter problems? I noticed you were using one of those Arter starters.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mario's BBQ was a great event

Hey all, I had a great time at the BBQ yesterday. I met some really cool people. I felt very welcome even though it was my first MADOG event. Thanks to everyone that was there and everyone that helpedput this BBQ together. I can't wait til next year. I'm saving my pennies for a termi system, next year I'll be in the duc bark competition!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Brian....update your profile to show that you now have the Ducati!

BTW, even though we didn't meet. We were there at the same time. That's my bike on the far left in the background of the pics you posted on the Madog Group Board.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mario, and All Involved in the meet on sunday I myself and my father would like to sincerely thank all the parties that created and welcomed us to your event on sunday. We thoroughly appreciated it and where overwhelmed by your hospitality and look forward to many more gatherings.

Scott Henry HM-S
Dan Henry S/D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Scott, I remember seeing the bikes that belonged to you and your father. That was a sweet looking combo. A lot of people wonder which is better the Duke or the Hyper, you two can choose each and every day. One thing I did notice about you Hypermotard was that there was very little tread in the middle of your back tire, but you still had a 30 day tag on the bike...LOL. You must be riding it like you stole it, Enjoy that hyper!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
bmonty72 said:
Profile updated. I was also at the MADOG meeting on Monday night. Don't remember meeting a Joe. Were you there?
I did not make the Monday meeting. I'm sure we will cross paths in the future. It's good to see a few others here on Ducati.ms from the area.

Was there a good turnout Monday considering the even the day before?

·
Registered
649 Posts
scotthenry said:
Mario, and All Involved in the meet on sunday I myself and my father would like to sincerely thank all the parties that created and welcomed us to your event on sunday. We thoroughly appreciated it and where overwhelmed by your hospitality and look forward to many more gatherings.

Scott Henry HM-S
Dan Henry S/D
Scott, I was the guy that couldn't take my eyes off your beautiful HM when you guys were pulling away (you were right in front of my 749 in the gravel).

BTW, cool bar bag that you have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
J24Joe said:
I did not make the Monday meeting. I'm sure we will cross paths in the future. It's good to see a few others here on Ducati.ms from the area.

Was there a good turnout Monday considering the even the day before?
I'd say 12 - 15 people at the Monday meeting. SeveralI had seen at the BBQ, and a couple of people I had not met. I spoke with Doug (?) for quite a while after the meeting about his bike collection. Then I stalked to Raj (ST3) and Dan(?) (multistrada) about Wednesday night rides. This is a very nice bunch of people.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time. We have a great bunch of local Ducatisti!

I know Raj. I'm not sure about the others.

I've been waiting for the Northland ride that Dave posted today. It's looking like I may be out of town on business & unable to attend. We will have to see. Hwy H to Excelsior is great! Of course, you are lucky to live by hwy 5 and the great roads out past Tanganoxie to Oskaloosa.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hammer said:
Cool thanks for the info.
Letko is definitely the place.

If you find yourself on the east side of KC, and don't mind mixing it up with the Germans and Brits, there's a great BMW & Triumph shop at Truman Rd. and I-435. It's about a mile west of I-435 on the south side of the road - Engle Motors. Last time I was by there, they even had a couple of used DUCs out front....

·
Registered
518 Posts
desmo2 said:
Letko Cycles in KCK.

http://www.letko.com/

Legendary dealer in the mid-west.
Just got back from Letko Cycles what a great bunch of guys. I met Mario the service manager and man was he ever helpful. Got a T-shirt that my brother in law purchased for me for Christmas and they gave me the Rob Report magazine when I insisted on paying for it...Wow. I need to go back and spend some of my money. They are moving to a larger location in a few months so when I return I'll definitely check em out :D

21 - 40 of 66 Posts