Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seating position on the Pani is nice but definitely dedicated sportbike. Pegs are a couple of inches higher and forward lean was 45* and just enough that I was not able to look around and enjoy the environment comfortably. So in my case (6'1") no easy looking at the sky or scenery while riding. Basically no touring. Yes, I know it is not a tourer/sport tourer/streetbike. I'm just saying...

On the 848, the seating position is obviously similar, but I just wanted to check out the bars. They are higher than my Rizoma 008's, which are good for all day touring. You have very slight forward lean, so you are up in the wind.

I originally got the 1098sf because the seating position is just enough more comfortable than the 1198, so I could enjoy the scenery when I wasn't trying to ride faster. It sits right between these two and I'm pleased with that.

One other note (yes, I already agree the Pani is the best sporttbike ever). It looks awesome, but it is not distinctive like the SF. A tastefully done SF is still going to be the hottest bike out there. Imo.

·
1,765 Posts
Finally there is someone who doesn't find Streetfighter a complete loser against Panini!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
657 Posts
I did more than just sit on it. I chased it on the track for a bit before it took off on me. It was test ridden by one of the local track monkey's. He's held two lap records at Pacific and is known to be incredibly fast. Here's a pic of the Panigale and I playing cat/mouse. (He won. Haha!!!!) He's on the Panigale up front, and I'm behind him coming into turn 3, on my 1198SP.

And I also got to ride it. Shortly thereafter. Take it from me, it's incrediblle!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Finally there is someone who doesn't find Streetfighter a complete loser against Panini!

Hell ya!!! SFis da bomb!!! The reasonn I ride em is comfort, Panini is awesome, but I enjoy riding for more than 5min with my palms in utter discomfort.

·
Registered
549 Posts
sputniks, would you please go to your dealer and ride the Panigale and give us all a detailed review & comparison to the SF?

·
Registered
657 Posts
The SF and the Panigale are two completely different bikes. To give a comparison would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Panigale is super flickable, incredibly sensitive to rider inputs at the throttle and body manipulative levels. She's incredibly compact and easy to get into full race tuck. Throttle responsive is incredibly smooth, especially down low.

You just need to ride it for yourself in order to appreciate all the concentration of media/attention that it's been rendered as of late. It is soooo incredibly incredible!

Even so magnificently different from my 1198SP! No kidding!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I know what it is and I have demo'd the panigale. I just want to hear what sputniks thinks......

The SF and the Panigale are two completely different bikes. To give a comparison would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Panigale is super flickable, incredibly sensitive to rider inputs at the throttle and body manipulative levels. She's incredibly compact and easy to get into full race tuck. Throttle responsive is incredibly smooth, especially down low.

You just need to ride it for yourself in order to appreciate all the concentration of media/attention that it's been rendered as of late. It is soooo incredibly incredible!

Even so magnificently different from my 1198SP! No kidding!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts
and I agree with you ****, It is soooo incredibly incredible!

Even so magnificently different from my 1198SP! No kidding!!!!!!! :eek:[/quote]

·
Registered
774 Posts
The seating position on the Pani is nice but definitely dedicated sportbike....

On the 848, the seating position is obviously similar, .....
I originally got the 1098sf because the seating position is just enough more comfortable than the 1198, so I could enjoy the scenery when I wasn't trying to ride faster. It sits right between these two and I'm pleased with that.

Having owned both 848 and SF , and after trying out the Panigale for size, I can vouch that it's far more comfortable than my 848: bars are higher/wider and the seat feels lower.......the whole job feels far more comfortable - dare I say, jap-bike-like - than the previous superbikes.

oh, I'm not tall (5'6")

·
Registered
549 Posts
haha jdw... and yah **** I just think sputs is gonna finally find his bike. But either way it would be interesting to me to hear what his thoughts are on the panigale. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've had my pani for a few days but I've only had the chance to ride it about 60 miles so far.
Incredible is not how I would describe it... I need a few more miles.
A teaser like the 10:00 news, eh?.......sub'd, dammit:D

·
Registered
549 Posts
u

dammit flyn, where's the detailed writeup? If anyone can post fairly about the bike without getting blasted it's you. Quit holding out on us man!!:D

I've had my pani for a few days but I've only had the chance to ride it about 60 miles so far.
Incredible is not how I would describe it... I need a few more miles.

·
Bon Vivant
10,922 Posts
dammit flyn, where's the detailed writeup? If anyone can post fairly about the bike without getting blasted it's you. Quit holding out on us man!!:D
I returned my panigale.

I don't think it had much to do with the bike in all honesty. I just lost my best buddy Spike and I don't think anything could make me happy at that moment in time.

Bad timing and I'm gonna need some time before I start to look at things normally again. I just have no passion or love for anything right now.

at some point I'm going to get another bike. It may still be a panigale it may be an 1198 SP, 1098R, S1000RR, hell it may be an R1... I just don't know what I'm doing right now.

I hope I can figure it out soon because I want to do some track days this year and I don't want to do them on the SF.

here are a couple of pics from the 4 days that I had it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts