Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thanks for all your advice here on the forum. Just bought it, still in the crate with that new bike smell...

As a nice bonus I called Geico to insure it and it's $285/year :) I was worried it would be way higher than that. That's almost as cheap as my V-Strom.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my old air cooled Multi!

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I love that color!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
good to hear.....may it be to your expectations.

have fun and enjoy,

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
you'll love it!

That is a sweet color. I couldn't wait to get mine out of the wrapper before taking pictures either! Kinda like the showing off the ultrasound images of your first kid...

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats and nice color!!
I would have gone with that color if it was an option last year :D

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats, Eyedoc. I join the rest in wishing you many miles of happy motoring on the new scooter.

Since you're college ejumuhcated perhaps you can apply yourself forthwith to solving the wind buffetting/noise issue. . .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulation I know you will love it. Wow thats a great price for insurance in canada I pay $ 1400.00 and thats a good price .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cripes a'mighty, I overlooked the insurance cost - I'm in for around $800/yr and I'm in CA too! Mehtinks I need to review my policy closely. . .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike. I watched them build it this afternoon. You made a great choice and I hope you will be very happy.

·
Registered
545 Posts
$285?!!! For full coverage? I'm old with a perfect record and I think I pay around $600 a year for 100/300 and full coverage with GEICO. You sure the $285 isn't 6 months?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice.

You may want to remove the rubber grommets that hold the bottom of the Panniers in place when the Panniers are not on the bike. The grommets have been known to disappear from the Multi when riding without the Panniers.:eek:

Many early 1200s have had the headlamps aimed improperly high from the factory. If you find your headlamps are causing too much oncoming dilation, they may need an adjustment.:cool:

Enjoy working on the chicken strip elimination!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice! I have the Red MTS S Touring 2012. Love it. I also have a 2003 E46 M3 with VMR wheels. Good price on insurance I pay 270 a yrs full coverage and Im 30.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Eye, consider having a 3m/tankslapper matte film kit applied to the bike, you will thank me later. The matte paint doesn't handle scratches very well.

Again, congrats.

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
beautiful!

true that on the rubber pannier grommets. I just bought a replacement set and plan so "shoe goo" them into the panniers so they stay where they should. The first set vibrated off the bike I guess, I didn't realize they weren't permanently attached.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Awesome congrats!

$285?!!! For full coverage? I'm old with a perfect record and I think I pay around $600 a year for 100/300 and full coverage with GEICO. You sure the $285 isn't 6 months?
Geico only sells year long MC policies. Their car policies are 6mo.

It is completely location dependent even though it is not supposed to be. For fun go to Geico's website and do a quote for Albany, NY....you'll cry. There GUI for non CA quotes used to be different and asked different questions, I wonder if they fixed it.

It's funny, I bought a house in 2008 and moved 20 miles to a different county and city with much lower crime rate and higher average income. My insurance went up $150 a year. For fun while I was on the phone with Geico I had them put in my parents address which is 30 miles in another direction in the 2nd poorest county in the state, and my insurance went down $200 a year.:mad:

I quizzed Geico on why such the price differential in a 50 mile radius for the same machine and owner and got "uhhh, duhh, uhhh, cause it's different.?" and "That's just the way it is....damfino...it's what the computer tells me."

Insurance is such a scam, but there is a ton of money to be made in it so it will never improve. Oh well, I have had to use insurance before so I don't mind paying too much.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
&*^%(#[email protected] Insurance companies!!!
I pay $1745 :eek: with USAA per year for my Multi with a perfect driving record, MSF instructor, and I feel pretty damn old too! :mad:

Aside from that USAA has been an excellent company to me. I guess it's Italy that's screwing me.

Done bitching now, I feel better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts