Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I traded in my beloved Hypermotard on a new 2012 MTS1200 S Titanium.
I was very sad to see the Hyper go but based on the advice on this forum I decided to pull the trigger. I was able to get out for a short ride today.

This bike is incredible, it's everything and more that has been said here. The first thing I noticed is how smooth the engine is, maybe its coming from the Hyper but the low rpm fueling seems great to me. I've never had Ohlins before and was considering going with a base Multi. I had marzocchi/sachs on the Hyper and always felt it was sufficient. I finally understand all the hype about Ohlins - it is that good! The suspension was compliant and comfortable to a level I've never experienced. I am happy that I decided to go S, when changing modes it is a felt difference and the adjustability is great. The gearbox was silky smooth, nice clean positive shifting. I rode in Urban mode most of the ride today and the power was plenty and linear. I did not realize that you have to hold down the mode to actually switch it over. Once I figured this out I switched to sport on the freeway, wow what a motor!

So based on my short ride so far I am absolutely thrilled with the bike. I was concerned about the electronic suspension so I added an extra 4 year warranty for a total of 6 years. A little piece of mind.

To anyone on the fence on the Multistrada, go test ride one - one ride sealed it for me. It truly is an amazing motorcycle.

Now If I can just fight off the mod temptations!

Pic

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Nice dood, congrats on the new steed! I love that Ti color, wish they had it in '10.

Yeah, good luck trying NOT to put anything on her. It's an addiction for which there is no cure....

Ride safe! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
MTS are a blast! I love my 1200ABS, I like to keep it simple, so I passed on the electronic suspension... the marzocchi/sachs when properly tune in are excellent.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Borracho for your advice on the Hyper vs/ Multi, it definitely made the decision easier!

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats, man! I hope to be on one within a week or so. If you don't mind me asking, what did they hit you for on the extended warranty? Is it through Duc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
So cool always to read those first impressions of people buying the MTS. Everybody is just raving about the bike.

God I love that titanium colour. Congrats and many safe journeys to you

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Congrats, fine choice, enjoy!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tomato, i got the extended warranty through my dealer, It is the RPM one program. I read all the fine print and it looks to be comprehensive. It was around $750 for 4 years.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tomato, i got the extended warranty through my dealer, It is the RPM one program. I read all the fine print and it looks to be comprehensive. It was around $750 for 4 years.
Thanks, man! Good to know and it sounds like money well spent.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Beautiful bike, congratulations!
Let me help you start with the modification process, I saved these pics just in case I bought a Titanium Multi but instead I got a PP so here's what a guy in Rome did to a Titanium 1200.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks LaRossa, I really needed to see that - Here I'm trying to resist and then you had to post that :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Thanks LaRossa, I really needed to see that - Here I'm trying to resist and then you had to post that :D
Just trying to help, it's like a welcome thing, they did the same or almost the same to me too ya know!
Cheers and best of luck with it! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats. I have the same experience with mine as you have reported. I have the Ti as well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just sold my hyper last week and am hoping to jump on the MTS band wagon! It's Gretat to hear the comparison from a "Hyper's" point of view. Sat on one with the wife today at Motogp. They had the Ti silver one. Congrats!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey man - I see you're in Seattle. I just picked up a Pikes Peak from Bellevue. I also got the 6 year warranty thing for an extra 750. Hit me up if you want to ride sometime!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Michael, thanks, I got mine from Bellevue as well. It would be great to meet up for a ride. I'll pm you.

Rode the new multi a bit more today, man this thing just gets better and better!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I also just switched from the 2 valve air cooled engine, but mine was in the previous version of the Multistrada. I do miss the low end grunt and the instant power of the 2 valve motor, but the new bike is rock solid and the engine is beautiful in a different way than the 2 valves.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Western insurance

$750 seems like a pretty good deal for 6 years of coverage. Is that about what everyone else is paying?
I bought a 5 year thru my dealer. The company is called Western. About 1100 bucks for 5 years. I also got the wheel and tire thru them and I had a blow out on the Scorps at 4000 miles and the replaced the rear no questions asked. I know some feel that wheel and tire coverage is a dealer rip off but I tend to get it on cars a bikes with expensive wheels. With the lousy LA county roads it has saved me money more than once.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts