Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Friends of mine have both a La Ferrari ($1.4M plus tax) and a 918 ($900K plus tax). The Ferrari has just turned 8K miles and the 918 has over 10K. This, even while rarely leaving Ohio and our roughly 9 months non-salted driving season. Then there's the 911 GT2 RS which gets driven year round...

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
This guy showed up when we stopped at the coffee shop before heading up to Payson. He asked "Can I come along?"....we said sure. He said "Can I bring a friend?"....we said sure. He friend shows up in a GT3 RS lol

They lead the way up to Payson...I don't think we were below 140 for more than 2 minuets the entire way.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I suppose it's okay and all... you know, for when the Chiron is in the shop.
😁
The owner was freakin' hilarious. Totally down-to-earth guy. He hobbled his way out of the car holding his aching back and a Brookstone back pillow while bitching about the carbon fibre racing seats in his $600,000 Lambo.
Then someone was complaining about losing like $4,000 when he traded in his Ducati and the Aventator guy was like "Damn, I feel you pain man. I lost like $250,000 when I traded in my 720S" lol

He was very cool and so was his buddy with the GT3

·
Registered
449 Posts
...totally down-to-earth guy. ...carbon fibre racing seats in his $600,000 Lambo. ...lost like $250,000 when I traded in my 720S" lol.. He was very cool and so was his buddy with the GT3
They're just rich posers who have to buy a pair of substitute balls via purchase of a pretty cage, that's all. Doing a buck-forty on two wheels takes balls and skill. Now that's coolness. Having the cash-flow to buy a million dollar cage doesn't convey the car's attributes on the rich boy. He's rich, that's all. And these guys don't typically earn that kind of money through an honest day's work. There are exceptions I'm sure, but we've all seen these tools.

Best thing I can say about them is they're good for the economy when they buy these cages at full retail/brand new to garner golf course bragging rights, then they "lose like $250k lolz" to sell it a year later for the latest version, and that cash flows into the local economy. Also, lo and behold a few years later, a true car enthusiast can now afford that fine machinery.

·
Administrator
11,836 Posts
They're just rich posers who have to buy a pair of substitute balls via purchase of a pretty cage, that's all. Doing a buck-forty on two wheels takes balls and skill. Now that's coolness. Having the cash-flow to buy a million dollar cage doesn't convey the car's attributes on the rich boy. He's rich, that's all. And these guys don't typically earn that kind of money through an honest day's work. There are exceptions I'm sure, but we've all seen these tools.

Best thing I can say about them is they're good for the economy when they buy these cages at full retail/brand new to garner golf course bragging rights, then they "lose like $250k lolz" to sell it a year later for the latest version, and that cash flows into the local economy. Also, lo and behold a few years later, a true car enthusiast can now afford that fine machinery.
It would safe to assume that you and Dan Bilzerian aren't hanging out on a regular basis LOL

·
Registered
449 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts