Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer just called to tell me my ECU is not operating properly. Improper voltage to the vertical cylinder, code #11.2. They want to sell me a $1600 part. I have a 04 St4s w/ 5500 miles. I have been trying to locate an ECU or an aftermarket fix that I can afford. Is there a parts store to check out? Can these be fixed? Can I fix this? Are there any cross over applications for this part? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello
There was a '04 ST4S ECU and lockset/gauge/immobilizer setup on ebay from another poster's fallen steed, I believe Pinwall Cycle was the seller.
Might still be there if you do a search.
You'll have to replace all that stuff, or get a new "virgin" ECU or it won't work.
I think $799 or $899 was the asking price for the kit on ebay.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The dealer just called to tell me my ECU is not operating properly. Improper voltage to the vertical cylinder, code #11.2. They want to sell me a $1600 part. I have a 04 St4s w/ 5500 miles. I have been trying to locate an ECU or an aftermarket fix that I can afford. Is there a parts store to check out? Can these be fixed? Can I fix this? Are there any cross over applications for this part? any help is appreciated.
Well if it makes you feel any better I just found out yesterday that my ECU is bad and is going to cost me $1700 as well. Grrrrrrr....So I'm going to watch this thread close....BTW mines a 2002 so we probably won't be chasing the same Ebay bid :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
There is a repair service out of europe that I have seen on these forums (I believe tom tom has something to do with it). But for $1600 - $1700 you could purchase a complete DP kit (exhaust/[email protected]).

Jerry
04 ST4s

·
Registered
455 Posts
There is a repair service out of europe that I have seen on these forums (I believe tom tom has something to do with it). But for $1600 - $1700 you could purchase a complete DP kit (exhaust/[email protected]).

Jerry
04 ST4s
I do not think the DP kit is available anywhere for STs. There is an ECU on Ebay but I believe it will only fit 2003 and below. I have the correct part # for the 04/05 if you need it (that is regarding the DP unit)

·
Registered
313 Posts
There's a guy that should be able to re-virginize ECUs in the US as well. I don't remember the guy's name, but I can get more information from a friend that knows him if you get a line on a used ECU somewhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go back and look at my previous posts. I just went through a dead ecu that got lost while sending to ecu clinic. Found another vendor here in the states that got me a new ecu for 450 total including programming for LV pipes.

Scot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts