Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to johnchypermotard I was able to fit it in around 4 hours. The instructions were priceless.

Anyhow, the bike is so much better to ride. There is enough power to hold monos into 5th gear easily, where before, it would start to fall down and there just wasn't enough power to keep it there without really balancing up high.

I have a question for anyone that has tested the DB killer in and out on a dyno. Does it make much difference to power and torque?

My eardrums are bleeding.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
The Leo Vinces made more power with the dB killers installed. We did not test the 2-1 with the inerts installed.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
The Leo Vinces made more power with the dB killers installed. We did not test the 2-1 with the inerts installed.
Well, why not? Sure, you test the Leo Chinsy's but not the Termi? You Hypermotard club founders are so self-serving.:D
Actually I was wondering the same. Sometimes I feel like the 2-1 straight pipe is just a little too loud.Guess I'm getting old. Then again, with the baffle in it's way too tame.For me at least, I kinda rely on the sound of the bike to know when it's in the happy zone more than looking down at the tach .That being said, it would be interesting to try to tune a 2-1 baffle since there is plenty of un-perforated metal to play with on them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My Hyper S is in the shop now getting the 2-1 termi. I told them to just throw the db killer in the box with all the other restrictive crapola; Make it loud and make me proud! Earplugs, baby!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Well, why not? Sure, you test the Leo Chinsy's but not the Termi? You Hypermotard club founders are so self-serving.:D
Actually I was wondering the same. Sometimes I feel like the 2-1 straight pipe is just a little too loud.Guess I'm getting old. Then again, with the baffle in it's way too tame.For me at least, I kinda rely on the sound of the bike to know when it's in the happy zone more than looking down at the tach .That being said, it would be interesting to try to tune a 2-1 baffle since there is plenty of un-perforated metal to play with on them.
That test was done with the Leo Vinci on my bike at Nichols dyno last year, and yes there we lost 1hp by removing the db killer (Peter, Bill, and John were there). In fact the LV pipe with cat eliminator performed very well.

As many wrote here before, the short straight MotoGP pipe style is not what works the best for the ducati twin, they need long pipe with some back end pressure like in this shot I took on Haga's bike at WSBK Salt Lake City:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Hyper S is in the shop now getting the 2-1 termi. I told them to just throw the db killer in the box with all the other restrictive crapola; Make it loud and make me proud! Earplugs, baby!
Did a big ride on it today and the noise is not an issue. Its loud around town but in the hills you don't notice it.

I did notice two things though.

It really goes a lot better, you can use a tall gear and hold it between corners.

Best of all, its plenty lighter, easier to flick into corners and change direction. The super heavy stock mufflers mounted high up and way back really hurt the handling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts