Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done more on this bike MYSELF than any other bike I have ever owned.

All I can say is I spend my free minutes looking, dreaming and figuring out the wrench with this bike more than anything I have ever owned other than a paintbrush and a piece of canvas.

Thank you, Ducati.

No funny stuff here, just thanks, if anyone from Ducati is listening. You probably saved my life.

Shawn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are very nice to work on, aren't they?
Yeah, and even when I'm lost, I know I'll get there. For example the very front bolt on the top fairing, I was like what the hell...it took me probably an hour to figure out where it was and what key to use, but the I just felt it and it all made sense...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love wrenching my 996. Let me know if you ever want to do any work together as I see you're in Toronto...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I've never been happy with my 848 and its street garb. It was definitely an afterthought compared to the 916 series, of which you can tell, they did a superb job dressing.

I'd say one of my #1 reasons for continued Ducati support is the ease of service. It takes me 10 minutes to strip my 749R race bike down to the valve covers both top and bottom. Then another 20 min to have the cam's out on the table, including removing the timing belts!

In comparison, I'm currently re-building my friends 2007 R6 in my garage. Its very well thought out from the cast aluminum subframe to the fuel tank with so many fittings and hoses on it, you can't even lift it off the bike without hurting yourself. They thought about one thing; How to make it more compact and lighter. Yet, getting to the engine and especially rear suspension components is so difficult, it might as well be a bloody car! My record for removing an engine out of a Duc stands at 45 min. It would take all day to get the R6 motor out, let alone back in... I also love the fact the japanese use different screws for everything! On a Duc, all ya need is a hand full of the same screw and you're pretty much good to go! LOL :rolleyes:

Anyway, love thy duc... Even though some of us (myself included) get frustrated with Ducati's sometime and sure, they're not THE BEST race bike in the world... I still love it for the subtle nuances that make it just a bit more simple then everyone else. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts