Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I hope you guys can advise me on what type of exhaust hangers to get for my 95 900SP. I recently acquired a full Temi high mount exhaust system.( headers included) They came off a 98 FE and I’m assuming I will need the OEM FE high mount brackets. Before I bend over and give my cash to the “stealer” can you guys give me some alternatives? Also Muschi stated in a post that the system will only work together. I think he meant I can’t fit just the cans to my OEM headers. I was thinking about keeping the headers in the box and just slipping the Termi cans on my OEM headers. Will this work. I did search threads but couldn't get a definte answer.

I’ve found some nice custom brackets on Ebay made by the dealer I bought my bike from but the seller is a wanker and will not give him my business. I‘ve heard of some guys making their own or modifying existing brackets. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Oh and yes, I will be selling my custom Two Brothers aluminum soon. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look forward to the final install. Pics of exhaust?

They are currently on a slow boat from Germany. I got them from a buddy I used to work with who lives there now. He saw them for sale at a motocycle flea market! Seller didn't really know what they were so I practically stole them! ;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Termi headers are probably larger in diameter than the stock pipes. Since the cans you purchased are meant to fit those, the inlet pipe on them is probably too big to fit your stock headers. Termi does have a "slip-on" can meant to fit the stock system (just like your Two Brothers cans), with smaller inlets. Measure the respective pipe diameters and see.

One other issue is that the outlet pipe is at a different angle on the high mount cans. Or at least I think it is... Other than looking goofy, it won't hurt anything. Hold one of your new cans up against the Two Brothers and see if the angle is the same.

·
Registered
589 Posts
So, does that mean I could "steal" your 2 Bros cans?? :)

They are currently on a slow boat from Germany. I got them from a buddy I used to work with who lives there now. He saw them for sale at a motocycle flea market! Seller didn't really know what they were so I practically stole them! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Fit

You can make them fit but on another note has anyone tried to cut them shorter in length? I have some high mts on my 99 thinking of shorten them 4" and repack them .

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Termi headers are probably larger in diameter than the stock pipes. Since the cans you purchased are meant to fit those, the inlet pipe on them is probably too big to fit your stock headers. Termi does have a "slip-on" can meant to fit the stock system (just like your Two Brothers cans), with smaller inlets. Measure the respective pipe diameters and see.

One other issue is that the outlet pipe is at a different angle on the high mount cans. Or at least I think it is... Other than looking goofy, it won't hurt anything. Hold one of your new cans up against the Two Brothers and see if the angle is the same.

Thanks for the info. My cans are currently LOW MOUNTS. My new ones are High Mounts so no they won't line up. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a set of Pro Italia high mounts, black powder coat. I didn't care for how they looked with my Staintune system. I am also in San Diego. PM if interested.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D
I have a set of Pro Italia high mounts, black powder coat. I didn't care for how they looked with my Staintune system. I am also in San Diego. PM if interested.
PM sent but please remember I only have one kidney left! :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to Stic I'm now a proud owner of gorgeous Pro-Italia high mount brackets. I had a source on Ebay who was slow to respond and still has a set available for $100.00

PM me is interested and I'll give you his contact info. He is not relisting them so don't bother looking on Ebay for them. He is in the Newport Beach area.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts