Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With "only" 19k km on the clock - Picked up in Bergen are a& rode over the mountains in stupendous weather to Oslo area.

ETA - the trip: Nesttun to Drammen

Something a bit more comfortable for longer trips - well there´s comfortable then there´s the ST seat... That needs to go, like sitting on a traffic bollard 😱😂😂

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,444 Posts
It's a great ride Neil66, I had a Corbin on my now sold '98 ST2 and now have a Sargent seat on an ST4s, I prefer the Sargent. Great support without the stiffness of the Corbin and much lighter...
Welcome to the ST party!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Welcome Neil, sweet looking Duc you bought. That’s a beautiful part of the world you get to ride in, enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! Yeah new pleasure for me as I´ve only ever had suberbikes / supersports my whole biking life. Age catches up and I want to do some serious mileage next summer - give me time to thoroughly test it out & add in some smal upgrades like seat, clutch & upgraded electrics etc :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice! It looks to have a Bagster tank cover, did it come with the tank bag as well? I used to have one on my '92 Supersport. It was a nice setup.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! It looks to have a Bagster tank cover, did it come with the tank bag as well? I used to have one on my '92 Supersport. It was a nice setup.
Yep it´s a Bagster & yep it came with the bag too - Had a similar setup myself also on an older 900SS I used to tour on & agree they are nice setups :)

Reactions: copperhead

·
Registered
698 Posts
I also have a Bagster on my BMW R65, and agree that they are really nice. I haven't needed one for my ST-2, yet, though.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I'm one of the few odd people who has no issue with the stock seat. I once had a Corbin and it was hard, shaped weird, and was not comfortable at all. Back in 2006, I completed a SaddleSore 1000 (an official 1043 miles in 19 hrs and 43 minutes) on a stock ST2 seat.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm one of the few odd people who has no issue with the stock seat. I once had a Corbin and it was hard, shaped weird, and was not comfortable at all. Back in 2006, I completed a SaddleSore 1000 (an official 1043 miles in 19 hrs and 43 minutes) on a stock ST2 seat.
God lucky you - mine is getting uncomfortable on a bloody 42km / 26 mile commute!! Gonna have to hunt harder for a later seat methinks! My 916/996 seats are more comfortable!! :eek::p

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
When I bought my ST2, I thought the seat was a huge improvement over the 500 Pantah -- the Pantah seat was like vinyl over wood. And I was able to do entire day trips on the Pantah! That said, get yerself an ST3 seat. MUCH improved over the 1997 thru 2003 seats. Even for the passenger! And they snap right on.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly what I'm on the hunt for :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll second the ST3 seat. WAY better than the 2. They use the same base pan as the 2 ( same p/n on the base ) but the foam on top has changes. They are distinctive as they have a small raised peak at the front of the passengers section. Be careful as many online sales are stating they are an ST3 seat just because they fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts