Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to install on 06 SC1000. Rear is pretty straight forward, but also have to lower the forks a bit in triplcelamps.
My Idea was to put a bike jack under engine, block to make level strap bike down and just enough to hold front end up when loosening clamps. Then lower to desired height about an inch.
Anyone foresee any gremlins doing it like this (a lot easier on a bike w/ a center stand...).
Thanks in advance for any idea's.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Going to install on 06 SC1000. Rear is pretty straight forward, but also have to lower the forks a bit in triplcelamps.
My Idea was to put a bike jack under engine, block to make level strap bike down and just enough to hold front end up when loosening clamps. Then lower to desired height about an inch.
Anyone foresee any gremlins doing it like this (a lot easier on a bike w/ a center stand...).
Thanks in advance for any idea's.
I think that it may be more stable if you use a rear stand and lift the bike front using a jack under the engine block. I would like to do the same thing so I could work on the front wheel. My problem is that I'm sure where to place the jack.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Where do you get the the MASE lowering link? How much does it lower it by? Thanks

Post Pics we all love pictures :)

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is for the monoposto sc

napoleonbrackets.blogspot.com

That is the link to their site, drops rear 1.5", enough so you have to drop the front or your steering will be way to slow.
They have pics on the site and contact by email. Received mine w/ all hardware in 2 days. Seems like a great (yet simple solution) Hardest part is the forks..

Giogolf: Not sure it would be a solution to a dual shock setup on your GT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts