Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its the demo and since I'm out of town this weekend, they let me take it for a spin when no one was around. I wont go into it in depth but I agree with most of what everyone else has said. Its brilliant! The brakes are just ridiculously good. Really everything is good, its exactly what I've been waiting for, I'm sold! My biggest gripe would be the heavy clutch pull and I had a hard time with the rear brake. The clutch cover seemed to get in the way of my foot, maybe because of the weird angle of my foot due to the exhaust. Not a biggie though. Both can be fixed. Now I just wait.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well its the demo and since I'm out of town this weekend, they let me take it for a spin when no one was around. I wont go into it in depth but I agree with most of what everyone else has said. Its brilliant! The brakes are just ridiculously good. Really everything is good, its exactly what I've been waiting for, I'm sold! My biggest gripe would be the heavy clutch pull and I had a hard time with the rear brake. The clutch cover seemed to get in the way of my foot, maybe because of the weird angle of my foot due to the exhaust. Not a biggie though. Both can be fixed. Now I just wait.
Others have mentioned the clutch pull as being a bit heavy too, I wonder if different from a 1098, I figured to put an evo on it if it doesn't ease up after a few miles. Off tomorrow morning to 178 miles to demo and then pick up mine!
Chris

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Easy fix, Oberon 29mm clutch slave, cheapest and best on the market for what I hear; clutch cover in the way=longer foot pegs until the other manufactures come out with a decent exhaust.
:D

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Others have mentioned the clutch pull as being a bit heavy too, I wonder if different from a 1098, I figured to put an evo on it if it doesn't ease up after a few miles. Off tomorrow morning to 178 miles to demo and then pick up mine!
Chris
The Evoluzione is just as bad as the stock, I had it on my 1098, no difference.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Evoluzione is just as bad as the stock, I had it on my 1098, no difference.
I had an STM on my S4R and it was great. Plus I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My Yoyodyne (Sp) works great.

Flash

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just returned from my test ride as well..........I'm waiting on the second red S into my Ocala, Fl. dealer. Although I did feel the clutch pull was a little heavy, it wasn't objectionable to me. I will replace the slave cylinder with the red DP slave to match the red pressure plate. The ride was great......made my wait even more unbearable!!
ama

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just returned from my test ride as well..........I'm waiting on the second red S into my Ocala, Fl. dealer. Although I did feel the clutch pull was a little heavy, it wasn't objectionable to me. I will replace the slave cylinder with the red DP slave to match the red pressure plate. The ride was great......made my wait even more unbearable!!
ama
Yeah I should have been more clear about the clutch pull. It's not bad at first and back roads it wouldn't be an issue but the second half of my test ride was in LA nightmare traffic. By the time I got back to the dealer my hand was aching! It would be nice to have it a little lighter but it's not a deal breaker and yes I already broke out the grip strength machine. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts