Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife doesn't like riding on any of the other bikes. She wanted a touring bike. We looked at the Triumph Sprint GT, the Triumph Tiger, and a few others. She liked the Multistrada. I was not keen on the looks. Nevertheless, we ended up getting a 2011 brand new zero miles touring S model. The dealer changed the fairings to Titanium and we drove it home. Wow, the bike is fantastic. Fast, yet comfortable. Still trying to get my head around the "snout", but what a great bike. Here is a picture.

SAM_0198 by pendulous, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Yah got ripped off!!!

Just kidding... really
Bonus if the Wifey likes it too.
Now you can make her behave or she can't go for a ride...:D

The power handling will make up for any shortcomings you may have.
The bike gets better and better with every ride.
With all the settings it makes it easy to ride , takes some time to get used to setting it up, but well worth the effort.
I think the colour is great, (Matches the kitty cat :D)

It can be a well behave tourer or around town bike or a rip snorter in sport mode, It will handle gravel roads nicely and some mild off the beaten paths OK, forget about the mud and sand tho.
Load that puppy up and head off into the sunset ,
Nice the lady likes it too.
You can spend a fortune on mods and up grades or leave it alone .
Enjoy and ride safe.
No you didn`t get ripped off...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats. I have the same color. The looks will grow on you. I get a lot of compliments from random people, that never happened with any of my sport bikes previously. She is unique.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congrats. The Titanium seems to be very popular after all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats. Pick mine up in around two weeks, cant wait I got white but titanium looks great in the sun heaps better than in the shop. I'm getting free on-road costs as a run out deal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I pick mine up this friday. Black. same deal, free on road costs

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats. The Titanium seems to be very popular after all.
Yeah, the titanium color kinda grows on you. I actually prefer the red or black. However, since it is technically my wife's bike, she had to have it in titanium. We used it last nite to hit the grocery store and pick up a few things and stowing in the paniers. It was kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Glue the pannier mounting pads on (with some 3M weatherstripping adheasive) some have lost theirs . there are lots of cheap mods to be done that some say make a big difference.
AZTEC spacers for the windsceen, adjust the headlight (Usually way out on the aiming)
You can wire the headlights so both the hi and lo beams come on with the Hi beams activated (A 15 min job)
Are you gonna put the front fender part on? it will keep a lot of crap off the engine area.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glue the pannier mounting pads on (with some 3M weatherstripping adheasive) some have lost theirs . there are lots of cheap mods to be done that some say make a big difference.
AZTEC spacers for the windsceen, adjust the headlight (Usually way out on the aiming)
You can wire the headlights so both the hi and lo beams come on with the Hi beams activated (A 15 min job)
Are you gonna put the front fender part on? it will keep a lot of crap off the engine area.
MTscott2, where do you get the from fender flap?

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Mine came wth the short (black plastic) fender extender, It came with 2 rear huggers a short and a longer one, I took off the mudflap looks better to me anyways,
http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.kpxvskahyouozlms&pageId=2338005

The above site has lots of MTS 1200 info tips and tricks , put yourself on their map ...
I have got the headlight wiring and AZTEC spacers from England took a week , no problem...
Very helpful site.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome Congrats! I got mine about a month ago 1k miles already. Havent even ridden it every weekend :( .. First service(600miles)will set you back about $300 be ready. Why and how did the dealer change the color for you? Did it cost extra?
I got red but love the white.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome Congrats! I got mine about a month ago 1k miles already. Havent even ridden it every weekend :( .. First service(600miles)will set you back about $300 be ready. Why and how did the dealer change the color for you? Did it cost extra?
I got red but love the white.
My wife wanted titanium and I liked red. However, titanium versus no Multistrada was an easy decision. We were going to order a 2012 titanium. The dealer had a white brand new zero mile 2011 that he wanted to get rid of. He agreed to take the titanium fairings of his new 2012 demo and put them on the white 2011 for us at no additional cost. I have about 400 miles on already. Been riding it everyday. Rode it to work today. The bike is impressive in that it hauls serious butt and is comfortable. It is the first bike my wife is actually comfortable riding on. We just put the touring seats on. Debating whether to get the termignoni slip on or full exhaust.

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
be aware that the termi slip on , by all accounts is only for looks ( if you like it ) . You might be able to pick up a barely used second hand one lot cheaper than retail .

it does not improve performance or increase noise

·
Registered
126 Posts
nice! you need to get the rear top case for it. The wife will be able to lean back and relax. It has a pad on it for rest. I have had my R6 since 03 brand new out of the box. I've also added a 08 R1 and i recently sold it to get the Multi. We Fcking Love it! She loves it too. being able to relax and sit comfy on the bike. We are riding from KC Missouri to Indy got the GP race this yr in August. All bags packed. Enjoy the Moto.

As for the exhaust the Termi for it is ugly i think. Termi's are usually sexy exhaust but this one is very boring. Look up QD Exhaust for Multistrada 1200. Those are dual cans and carbon or ti..Italian and sexy for the same price if not less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts