Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snagged a set of shorty CR fairings and had them color matched by a local body shop for my 98' FE... just for fun. I ordered a bunch of different graphics but haven't settled on what I'll do yet (Ducati, Supersport, DESMO....). It's hard to find decals that go with this color (most of the sets are for the reds - of course), and the matching "Ducati" from the full fairing apparently doesn't exist anywhere. I told the painter I'm ambivalent and he suggested I just go with the solid color... get some decals, try em' out, see what I like, and then bring them in.... he'll scuff the clear, install and re-clear over the decals for me, no charge. The pic was taken moments after install, so you'll notice the front didn't mate up perfectly. I had to make some adjustments to the rear mounting bracket on both sides, so it's flush now. Anyway, since this was just for fun (so I can keep the FE essentially stock), I thought I'd share a pic. Cheers.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Have a look here -he may have what you are looking for--I got the complete set for my 91 900SS and they look perfect ---https://discontinueddecals.com/

Reactions: jbirdsaway2

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a look here -he may have what you are looking for--I got the complete set for my 91 900SS and they look perfect ---https://discontinueddecals.com/
I'll take a look again. I've seen their page before. I don't need a full set, just a couple of pieces for the shorty fairings. Maybe the gas tank. The set I saw before that you're referring to was a full kit with lots of stuff I don't need for the price.... :unsure:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking something simple like this... just a couple of decals...
Desmo and Ducati... Small decals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
That would look good --You dont need the Ducati on the CR side fairings --it would be too much

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
And belter that color combo does look good on the Silver

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I was thinking something simple like this... just a couple of decals...
Desmo and Ducati... Small decals.
you can contact the guy from discontinued decals, he would probably make up a set of what ever you would like--it would be easy since he has the fonts and sizes of them --just changing the color to your choice

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That does look pretty freaking good on the silver! None of the stickers I've ordered have come in save one smaller-than-expected set of Desmo stickers. I may try them out while waiting on the others. I like the option of the cold lettering though!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts