Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says just finished my first year on the 17 multi 1200s touring and couldnt be happier. I rode a 2004 triumph daytona 955i for 150k + before the multi and still have her for because I cant seem to find the heart to sell her its been one hell of a bike. I am currently in the process of moving to the bay area in california from flat and boring south florida and cannot wait to finally get to enjoy the multi the way it was intended. Anyway just wanted to say hi and cant wait to see some of you in cali :wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Welcome aboard... I'm on my fourth year with the 15 MultiS and they're definitely more fun in places where it's not flat.

I came from a 2004 Tiger 955... which I also still have because it's been bulletproof for 70,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
As the title says just finished my first year on the 17 multi 1200s touring and couldnt be happier. I rode a 2004 triumph daytona 955i for 150k + before the multi and still have her for because I cant seem to find the heart to sell her its been one hell of a bike. I am currently in the process of moving to the bay area in california from flat and boring south florida and cannot wait to finally get to enjoy the multi the way it was intended. Anyway just wanted to say hi and cant wait to see some of you in cali :wink2:
Congratulations.

I guess you got tired of areasonable cost of living. :smile2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, Im a union electrician the pay upgrade for san fran is a considerable upgrade and I fortunately will be able to cover those expenses. I have lived in florida my whole life and Ive just had enough, its just not a nice place to live anymore, plus i just cant take the swamp heat anymore. Having to replace squared off tires everytime is just boring!!

Welcome aboard... I'm on my fourth year with the 15 MultiS and they're definitely more fun in places where it's not flat.

I came from a 2004 Tiger 955... which I also still have because it's been bulletproof for 70,000 miles.

Beautiful triumph Dave....As much as I love the ducati engine wise its a runner up to the triumph triple. The sound and pull still after 9 years puts a smile on my face. The engine is still the same as when I got it with 2k miles. It amazes my mechanic everytime I bring it in. It has never burned a drop of oil or let me down. Amazing bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I'm in San Jose at a conference at the moment... pleasant 75 here and even cooler in San Fran... yea I could deal with the temps around here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in San Jose at a conference at the moment... pleasant 75 here and even cooler in San Fran... yea I could deal with the temps around here.
Sounds great, my ducati was reading 98 here today on my ride. Just miserable but I still had to get a couple hours of riding in. It will be nice to experience a turn for the first time. And not doing the hurricane drill a couple of times a year an even bigger plus.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Beautiful triumph Dave....As much as I love the ducati engine wise its a runner up to the triumph triple. The sound and pull still after 9 years puts a smile on my face. The engine is still the same as when I got it with 2k miles. It amazes my mechanic everytime I bring it in. It has never burned a drop of oil or let me down. Amazing bikes.
Yea mine has an optional exhaust that sounds pretty fantastic. And with so many miles on it I could get maybe $2k/$2500 for it... it's just not worth selling for that little given how reliable it's been.

I don't put the miles on it anymore (maybe 2k per year vs. 13k for the Multi) but I rode it to work on friday and it's still thoroughly enjoyable. It's a lot more laid back ride compared to the Multi... with only a bit over 100hp I can push the motor full throttle without having to stand on the front wheel to try to keep it on the ground (and the triple sounds sweet at full throttle).

Reactions: Ironcobra
1 - 7 of 7 Posts