freshly painted

much taping and re-taping

left side

[/IMG]

right side

·
Registered
794 Posts
You did an awesome job painting - and a very original idea.

I just find all the hexagons to distract from the bike's lines... not for me I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Oh my, thats a very nice job.

·
Registered
435 Posts
At first its a little strange, but then it all made sense. Love the honey comb design.. reminds me of Light and strong honey comb panels.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wow, red and green clash bad...I'm glad you like it thats all that matters, but that is honestly the most ugly track bodywork I have ever seen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rob, thanks for your input.
You hit the nail on the head, I used the hexagonal pattern to do just that, break up the bikes lines.
Since the Hot Bodies bodywork doesn't come with the side"wings" that the stock bodywork has, the front line and proportion was a little off, sort of Ninja 250ish. I used the secondary geometric pattern to try and blend out and distract from that disproportion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plato, thanks too for your input, the color pallet was based on a combination of the Italian flag and the old "Ducati Meccanica" logo (which may be added later). Although red and green don't technically "clash" they are opposites on the color wheel and do create a lot of optical activity (see Bridget Riley - http://www.oberphones.com/images/riley01.jpg) so I do understand what you're saying, the Italian flag/vintage logo idea just won out.

Thanks everyone else for your positive comments!

http://www.oberphones.com/images/riley01.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The hexagon pattern is all vinyl/stickers.
Couldn't justify putting all that taping and painting work in and then scuffing it up on the track, which is a high possibility.
I did paint the number plates, since it's actually easier (for me at least) to paint them on versus applying a decal without wrinkling or distorting it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dude... I love it, original, fresh, artisitc, and the color totally works... Italian flag colors on an Italian bike... makes perfect sense to me...
Very well executed, and I really dig the various logos in the hexagon (heart, spark plug, etc...)
Thanks for sharing,
Toran

1 - 10 of 10 Posts