Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 18 1260 s only has 3200 kms on it . Had the clutch slave recall done and the kickstand . I feel i have a decent dealer with a competent Ducati tech . My question is can i expect my fuel sender to fail , my exhaust flap to seize and switch gear to mess up if gotten wet . Basing this solely on issues posted on the board . Can i be proactive in preventing any of these issues . I maybe wrong in assuming these are common problems

·
Registered
371 Posts
Biscuit: Yes, you are right to be concerned, these are common problems. I'm sort of in the same boat; I have a "new" 2017 Enduro with only 1k kms on it and the one recall on my bike is done. I plan to pay regular attention to the exhaust valve, I will probably, proactively open the switches and seal the obvious areas for water ingress with dielectric grease and do my best to stay away from ethanol/biofuel contaminated gasoline. My sidestand is not on the recall list but a fellow owner with a 2016 "new" bike recently managed to bend his sidestand so it's another thing to keep an eye on.

Keep doing what you are doing now; participate in owners' forums and get as intimate as possible with your bike. I got owners', spare parts and service manuals for mine several months before I bought the bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
/snip/
So my 18 1260 s only has 3200 kms on it . Had the clutch slave recall done and the kickstand
/snip/
Wait you have a recall on the Slave over there?
I just took mine ('16 1200 Enduro) back to the dealer where I purchased it for a 2nd hand bike warranty job on the leaking slave and in the end the renigged and I had to pay!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts