Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger and smiled the whole way home. Other than the new bike funky smell, I think I'm really going to like this bike. Ordered the panniers, trunk and heated grips. Does anyone know if the trunk comes with the pad? They didn't seem to know. I feel like a kid on Christmas day.:)

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the PP family!
What do you mean by 'pad' ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats!

You'll really love this bike. I have #450 and have it for about a month now and have about 1,500 miles on it and can't wait to ride it any time I can. Enjoy!

·
Registered
194 Posts
The top box (or pizza box as my nephew calls it) does come with the mounting hardware, if that's what your asking about. Congrats on the sweet new bike!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger and smiled the whole way home. Other than the new bike funky smell, I think I'm really going to like this bike. Ordered the panniers, trunk and heated grips. Does anyone know if the trunk comes with the pad? They didn't seem to know. I feel like a kid on Christmas day.:)
Congrats. As the others have said, you will love your new PP. I'm on my Multi every chance I get. And yes, the top box does come with the pad on it for your passenger to lean against.

Be Safe,

Bill

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Congratulations!
Do the new ones still come with a # tag or they stopped that?
My dealer has one on the floor without the PP# tag, I'm just wondering!.

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
top case with pad

congrats #431, I was just ahead of you on the assembly line. My wife strongly prefers riding with the case in place, says it is quite comfortable even on long rides, has even almost fallen asleep!

@LaRossa, re the numbered medallion, I didn't see mine at first. Even asked the sales guy about it and he said they must have stopped doing that. Then it magically appeared on the left side of the engine! I think it must have been covered by tape or a sticker or something that the tech removed when I went in for a service.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the welcome into the Ducati community. I'm glad to hear the trunk comes with the passenger pad. It didn't look like it in the brochure and the parts guys had no idea.

For those wondering about the numbered badge, they still come with it and some dealers don't have it installed on the bike. Mine was in a little plastic bag and I asked them to put it on. No sense having it as a paper weight.

I rode to work this morning comparing my MTS to my Superduke. What a difference. The MTS is better in every way, except the stock exhaust note compared to my Akra Ti I had on the Duke. I really need to stop playing with the menu though!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts