Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I just puchaced a 620 Multistra Today they just got done putting it together when the store closed . There was no way to bring manual home.
My question is when I got it home and put it in the garage and turned it off. An amber light on the speedometer flashes. Since I don't have a manual I can't find out what that means. Can anyone of you help me out?

Thank you
Damien712

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the Multi.

The light flashing is fine it's the ignition immobilizer. It should be flashing whenever you remove the key, prevents any key from starting the bike. What ever you do don't lose the red key, keep it in a safe place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome! If you're like me you'll love the Multi.

The immobolizer light will go out after 24 hours or so. This is just to save battery power. The immobolizer is still protecting your bike even though the light is not flashing.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thanks friends for the info. I have since picked up my manual.
I must say I absolutely love this bike. Ducatis must be the most fun and at the same time well built motorcles in the world. I of course am in the running in period of the moto, I have about 100 miles on it so far. This weekend I hope to increase that by quite a bit. I just can't get over it . I mean the fact that I own a Ducati. It is a dream come true. I read the specs on the motor and I must say It sure is quick for a 63 hp bike. I am being good and not going over 6000 rpm. Kind of look forward to finish running it in and seeing what she'll do. Not top end but just getting on it and getting an idea what kind of performance it will provide. I know it's no R6 and I am very glad that it isn't. I am looking forward to learning more about desmdromics. Any way everybody This is great and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Damien :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
welcome to the club Damien. I'm sure you will continue to enjoy your bike. before i got my garage built, I parked my multi on the front porch. that flashing light would reflect off the ceiling in the house and the first night that it stopped flashing, I was sure that it had been stolen! momentary panic for sure! happy riding, Jan

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Hows the power with the 620 motor?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
620 motor

Thanks jbcaddy and John for your encouragement. As far as the
performance of the 620 engine. The first thing I noticed was just
how smooth it is. It also is quick and feels more powerful than 63
Horsepower. Since it's brand new I am still running it in. When I feel
comfortable about going all out I wont know.But as soon as I do
I'll let you know. I think these Ltwin desmo engines are quite torquey!
So the usable power is more available when you need it. I am so glad to be a part of the
Ducati Club and to learn all I can about these motorcycles.

Damien :)

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Your response hit the power band of the Ducati right on the head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts