Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have been on this site for years, just traded my 1997 900ss/CR in on a new M1100 EVO just this past Saturday. Love the new bike so far but being anal about service and maintenance, I have a few questions:

1.Break in ? - Motoman method (run it hard after warm up an cool down for several cycles at ever increasing RPMs or the owner's manual way. I did the Motoman method on my VFR ten years ago and it runs great and has never used a drop of oil. However, this is a liquid cooled Honda vs an air cooled Ducati.

2. Best place to find a shop manual? If someone has this in .pdf, please send to me. [email protected]

3. Torque settings? - oil drain plug, oil filter, front and rear axle nuts, front and rear pinch bolts.

4. Suspension settings for 180 lb, man and gear. I am a fairly aggressive rider.

Thanks, that should get me started.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Enjoy

Enjoy the new bike. I break in all my bikes by riding them fairly hard. When new, I just never hold a high, low, or constant rpm for long periods. Has worked for me.

You can download the manual on Ducatis web page in PDF. Go to bikes, pic your model, click maintenance in the lower right, re input model and download. Oh I see you want the full service manual. Buck up. $

Suspension.... Start playing. I'm 6'1 215lbs with gear. The only changes I've made so far was 2 full turns firmer on fork spring preload, 1/4 out (softer) compression, and 1/2 turn in (slower) rebound. Rear stock, but with adjust soon.

I'd love to hear anything else anyone has come up with suspension wise.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts