Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Just bought this 2018 V4S with a few mods and ~3700 miles.
The dealer is installing a fresh set of Rosso Corsa II tires and doing an annual service. What other carbon fiber and equipment upgrades do you recommend for a street bike/ garage queen (for now)?
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd have your dealer install Rosso III's instead of Rosso corsa II's the III's have 2 compounds, the center is harder on both tires for that straight line crap we have to deal with & the edges are softer on both tires for the corners.

The II's have 3 compounds (go figure) it's the 3rd compound between the hard center & the soft edges you not going to like on corners around 15 to 20 degree lean angle with throttle on or braking.......it gets a little loose for my taste were the II's don't have that pesky 3rd compound

If I explained that correctly?

Just get the III's.........there less expensive.........dealers like cheaper & you'll love em.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tire choice is so subjective but I’ll just say I think there is a definite advantage to the Rosso corsa II over the Rosso III, especially if the bike will see the occasional track day with speeds beyond C group. With that said, both offer plenty of grip for casual riding and the 3s are indeed cheaper. Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yea I'll say tires are subjective I have a sign hanging in my shop that reads:

"We don't discuss politics, religion
Spark plugs or motor oil"

It keeps things safe

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! I just picked up a 2018 V4S a couple months ago. Such an incredible bike. Fullsix makes some awesome carbon parts. I'm waiting on mine now and will be making the whole thing carbon :)
Thanks...I have not seen the FullSix carbon pieces in person and wondered about the quality. All of the parts on the bike now are Ducati Performance, but I know there are several other options. Post pics when you get it together!

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I'll say tires are subjective I have a sign hanging in my shop that reads:

"We don't discuss politics, religion
Spark plugs or motor oil"

It keeps things safe
Thanks for the pointer though...I am going to stick with the Rosso Corsa IIs for now...the dealer suggested the Michelin Power 5, but they do not make a 200/60 for the rear, and I wanted to keep the factory tire size....which apparently limits my options substantially. Might try the Rosso IIIs next though, as I understand I will be buying tires on the regular anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts