Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm proud to say i'm the new squid on the block. i just took delivery of a new red 999 bip.

of course it's raining today, but i could use a day to curb the anxiety a bit. oh boy oh boy.

i've already decided on the breakin procedures (some call me crazy, some call me anal), and can't wait till she's broken in.

first thing i did was put the registration/inspection papers in a ziplock bag. but whoa, there's NO space under that rear seat at all. double whoa.

boy oh boy. i don't know what to say or do with myself right now.

attached is one photo. the next one won't have 1 mile on the odometer!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I keep the 'ziplock thing' inside the Tool Bag .... but the adhesive that sticks to the tool bag onto the inside of the fairing commonly gives way ... and the toolbag breaks loose. It already has on one of my bikes.

So... maybe at some point you will have to find another place for it.

In any case... Welcome!! Is this your first bike/Duc/Superbike?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
congrats....where did ya end up finally buying it from?...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congrats! I remember when my odometer looked like that!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the base 999 doesnt have those fasteners for the fairing like the S or R. keeping the ziplock registration bag in there won't be easy to get to on the side of the road (hopefully without both hands behind my head).

i currently have an SV650s, but i'm aware of the big leap i'm taking. i've done alot of mental exercises and willing to move up.

i ended up getting the bike from Redline. i wouldn't say the transaction was completely stress free, but i would say i trust them and recommend them.

the weather is clearing up. i'm a little nervous about being on a new bike, new tires (release compound), while strictly adhering to my break-in rules, but as soon as weather permits. i'm gonna hit it.

any last words?
:)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The biposto does have the body work allen wrench under the p-pad to unclip the two upper quarter turn fasteners on the right. You can reach the tool bag then. If it's still too tight release the front fastener and pull the post out of the grommet. From popping the seat to pulling the Ziploc takes about 1 minute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts